Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Visited HD today...saw 18volt lithium batts on maxselect tools Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visited HD today...saw 18volt lithium batts on maxselect tools

i was at HD today, a couple of the workers told me the warranty on the batteries were not lifetime, i said doesn't the warranty card say they covered them? another guy came up and said they are covered...

I saw the max select tools and saw that they have a 18volt lithium battery as an option...i don't know if this is a new thing since i've never actually looked closely at a max select tool...

so yeah, looks like it's a bigger Ah 18volt lithium battery and not that compact 1.5Ah battery...too bad they didn't have any in stock...

those "tools" also told me that the 8 piece on sale for $499 will not work with the new 18volt lithium batteries since they don't have "max select" written on them...tell me that isn't the case?????

and to confirm some more things they said, unless you buy a battery on the same reciept as the tool/tool set, the separate battery is NOT covered under warranty for life????

Re: Visited HD today...saw 18volt lithium batts on maxselect tools

I was in HD today and purchased the 8pc ultimate set. The charger in the set says on the face of it that it will charge Lithium Ion or Ni-Cad so I take it that it is a newer charger. I am pretty sure that the new lithium Ion batteries will work on the older Ni-Cad tools. And yes.. even the signage in the stores says "Batteries for Life". One thing I thought interesting... When I was submitting my warranty registration online.. it listed the batteries that came with this set as "2.5 Ah" but the box says 1.9 Ah. I am sure they are 1.9 but there was a quick glimmer of hope that they were 2.5's. Also, in that set, the circular saw and the caulk gun are Max Select.

Comment

18 V Li Ions work with non Li Ion equipped tools. I have my 18V Li Ion drill and before I bought it I made sure that the batteries would fit my 18V Circ Saw and Recip Saw.

There is no reason why your separately purchased battery with UPC and reciept wouldnt be covered.

I havent tried charging my NiCad battery on my Li Ion charger yet, havent had the need to. My NiCad batteries are now paperweights. Ones good, but the other was bad from the start, but I got it on clearance for a steal, so it wasnt warrantiable (well it should be a word )

Comment

They're not yet in the stores here. At least from what I saw. And suprise, surprise, no one to ask.
        Last edited by mdm; 12-28-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Deuce Lee,

The 18volt lithium battery shown on the boxes for the MaxSelect tools has been on there for ever. They just haven't released it yet.

And the HD dopes that you talked to are complete idiots. Tell them to use their paycheck to fund them in going back to school. Read the freakin' signs over their own damn heads - yes, batteries are included in LLSA eligibility. And yes, a battery/charger set purchased outside of a combo are also included in the LLSA, as long as they meet the prerequisites (bought new at authorized retailer, receipt, upc, etc.) And freakin' duh, yes, an 18 volt lithium ion battery will work on an 18 volt ni cad - they are both 18 volt, same manufacturer, same connection format system.

What a bunch of freakin' dopes. Thank god all HD aprons aren't as clueless as these ones that you bumped into.

As the saying goes, you can teach someone anything, except for common sense.

Comment

Working...
          X