Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get new "lifetime" batteries?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get new "lifetime" batteries?

Hi, all. I am new to this site. I bought the 18v combo package back in '03, when everything had a lifetime warranty. Now both batteries are bad. Where do I go to get them replaced? Will HD do it? Thanks is advance.

montenido

Re: Where do you get new "lifetime" batteries?

nope h-d won't do that for you, you will have to take them to a service center and they should take it from there.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Try your nearest service center.

http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...enters&Code=PT

If there is not one around you, I believe you can take it to HD and have them mail it out for you. They won't exchange it though.

Comment

Originally posted by montenido View Post
        Hi, all. I am new to this site. I bought the 18v combo package back in '03, when everything had a lifetime warranty. Now both batteries are bad. Where do I go to get them replaced? Will HD do it? Thanks is advance.

montenido
        HD will not do it any more than they will do it for batteries to be replaced under warrenty for any other company such as Makita, DeWalt, et all. They might mail it for you, however I would suggest that would be a frustrating process.
        I recommend you scroll to the top of this screen and click on the "support" button. There is a process which will take you to a list of "service centers" in your area or failing that there is a 800# and a email address for contacting Ridgid customer service. They can provide information for returning the batteries for replacement. I have found their response time for answering emails to be very fast, usually in a couple of hours during working hours.
        Good luck....Ray
        PS-Just noticed mdm's hyperlink in the post directly above this one. That has it all with the link to the service centers(which are really independent repair shops-some are excellent, some are not so good) and the phone number and email link I refered to. That is the best way. HD is not equiped to handle anythig to do with the return of batteries. Previous threads here have shown people to become very frustrated and angry trying to force that square peg into the HD round hole.
        Last edited by roadrashray; 12-28-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X