Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Comming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Comming

the thing is, how much harder is it to add an extra 1/2 inch or whatever the difference is to the lenght of the battery during engineering? did their engineerers just never seen their nicad stuff? did they never consider their customers?

sure it'll be pointless to have a golden drill that doesn't drill, but at the same time, they could have spent a tad more thought and consider their current customers and they would think...

did they think that current users wouldn't care? i mean sure things work and all, but it would be a stupid annoying splinter if it was me.

i think ridgid and ryobi did the right thing by making lithium batteries a perfect match to the old tools...

i'd like to see other companies use their UWO output comparison so i can compare apples to apples as well.

their old set of tools was so full of useful tools...it's a shame they had to go this route. I'm sure a lot of older tool owners are annoyed by it and someone who has no dewalt tools but was interested is now less interested...

Comment

Deuce, even if it does not affect the performace of the tools it does show a lack of effort in design and quality control.

Comment

UPDATE: THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

My store is expected to receive 4 of the new batteries on the 18th. So everyone feel free to check thier local stores they should be there this week or next week.

Also I found the SKU and price for the new Lithium 4 pc kit.

SKU 836-027 Model R694 $469

Comment

Cellardoor,

It's a good day. My Chargers won over Indy and the 18 volt lithium batteries are coming in. I'm sure that they'll be worth the wait. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be bird dogging the shelves for their arrival.

Comment

Cellar,

Thanks for the SKU and price for the 4 piece lithium kit. Do you also have the SKU and price for the new 3.0Ah 18volt lithium ions?

Also, any pictures or anything to show for the new stuff or the batteries??

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tu4evr View Post
              i saw today in the system comp at hd that there will b a 12 volt li ion for 129 and a 4 pc 18v li ion for 369. dont know if the prices will change...but its some thing...
              Cellardoor, did you see anything about this 12volt LI for $129? I presume it's going to be similar to the other "pocket drivers" out there, and will probably be a near match to the Milwaukee 12 volt mini driver. Just wondering about any new info on this as well.

Looks like I'm making a trip across the border this weekend - perfect timing!!!

Comment

SKU for RIDGID 18 Volt 3 Ah battery is 737-681 $99...
                SKU for RIDGID 12 Volt dril/driver 589-891 $129...

Comment

So, are we expecting everything to be on store shelves on or about this upcoming weekend??

The 18volt 3.0Ah batteries are expected, but is the 12volt driver expected also? And the new 4 piece LI kits too??

Comment

ill check tomorrow when i go to work...a order might of been made over the weekend who knows maybe everything will come on one order including the radio..that would be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Deuce, even if it does not affect the performace of the tools it does show a lack of effort in design and quality control.
                      I guess I just don't get what the big deal is. We have had them for a while now and not once have I thought it was poor engineering or design or thought the lip gets in the way. An extra 1/2 inch would have added more weight to the battery again defeating the purpose of lithium which is designed to be lighter.

Considering they have been developing the nano technology for the past 8-10 years I think they probably spent plenty of time getting the opinions of customers. They haven't became the industry leader without asking opinions.

Comment

The drawback might be - you guys are all over in CA, right? I'm in Ontario, Canada, so I'll be shopping at HD's in Michigan - I hope their timeline for these coming in is the same as for you guys. I was just over shopping in Port Huron, Michigan yesterday (Saturday) and nothing new. Hopefully, this upcoming weekend is the same for all, and hopefully it's all in on time.

I'm ready to go, baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
                          An extra 1/2 inch would have added more weight to the battery again defeating the purpose of lithium which is designed to be lighter.
                          An extra 1/2 inch of plastic wouldn't add anything realistically, weight wise. For the milligrams of weight it would add, it's all about trying to blend seamlessly with past tools, so people with a 20 tool collection don't feel like, crap, these batteries don't really blend well with my old tools, why couldn't they design them better, I don't want to buy new tools.

Sorry, Lurch, but many of us who have had the chance to see these tools and the new Nano batteries, and see this lack of seamless integration, don't agree with you. No big deal - you like them, that's fine. We can't all be right.

Comment

yea im here in central california so i dont know it there all going on the same po for all stores us and canadian...we will see in the immediate future...

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
                              UPDATE: THEY HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

My store is expected to receive 4 of the new batteries on the 18th. So everyone feel free to check thier local stores they should be there this week or next week.

Also I found the SKU and price for the new Lithium 4 pc kit.

SKU 836-027 Model R694 $469
                              dear God, i hope it's a drill/recip/light/circular 4 piece instead of drill/recip/light/impact 4 piece set.

amen

and canucksartech, i agree with you, a tad more of plastic would weight next to nothing...

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=013

Comment

Working...
                                X