Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Comming

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
    Just one more quick thing to note about that eBay listing picture for the new Ridgid 18 volt 3.0 Ah lithium ion battery. I see that on the packaging, it only has the Ridgid 3 year warranty logo on it - I don't see the LLSA logo on there. Does this mean that this item is not eligible for the LLSA with registration, if bought from HD as this solo packaged battery? Batteries packaged with kits are eligible, so is this one also?

Josh, ProBrand?
    You will notice if you look at batteries they sell indidually in stores that none of them are eligible for the LLSA. They all have either a 2 or 3 year warranty logo on the package. This is something that Ridgid began a while ago. Only batteries that come with kits are eligible for the LLSA and I have heard Ridgid has a habit of replacing batteries returned under the LLSA with rebuilt battereies.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
      You will notice if you look at batteries they sell indidually in stores that none of them are eligible for the LLSA. They all have either a 2 or 3 year warranty logo on the package. This is something that Ridgid began a while ago. Only batteries that come with kits are eligible for the LLSA and I have heard Ridgid has a habit of replacing batteries returned under the LLSA with rebuilt battereies.
      rebuilt or not, as long as it keeps on working, i'm cool with that.

i'm also glad the new 18volt isn't as thick as the 24volts, the stupid pictures on the max select tools show the new 18volt lithiums batts looking just like the 24volt batts

Comment

found it on ebay already wow its amazing how quick they are on new stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-18-VOLT-L...ayphotohosting

Comment

Re: Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Coming

Now not to be a nag! BUT I now understand why Home Depot does not have any of these batteries! They are all listed on E-bay! starting as low as $59.00 and typically selling for $79.99 BRAND NEW and not an opened package!

I suppose the slow boat from china has a huge hole on its hull or the back door to the home depot store is broken and they can't lock it!!!!!

In fact, if you have the ridgid oscillating sander and you need replacement sanding tubes..don't bother going to Home Depot, they do not have them, BUT E-BAY DOES!!!

hello???? anyone from home depot or ridgid reading this? All the ridgid tools are on E-BAY and not at Home Depot...perhaps ridgid has authorized E-bay as their main distribution site and Home Depot and their poor website as a secondary retail outlet. E-BAY has over 600 ridgid tool items of which 50% are "new in sealed boxes" My home depot store maybe 12 items!

Cactus Man

Comment

Re: Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Coming

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
            Now not to be a nag! BUT I now understand why Home Depot does not have any of these batteries! They are all listed on E-bay! starting as low as $59.00 and typically selling for $79.99 BRAND NEW and not an opened package!

I suppose the slow boat from china has a huge hole on its hull or the back door to the home depot store is broken and they can't lock it!!!!!

In fact, if you have the ridgid oscillating sander and you need replacement sanding tubes..don't bother going to Home Depot, they do not have them, BUT E-BAY DOES!!!

hello???? anyone from home depot or ridgid reading this? All the ridgid tools are on E-BAY and not at Home Depot...perhaps ridgid has authorized E-bay as their main distribution site and Home Depot and their poor website as a secondary retail outlet. E-BAY has over 600 ridgid tool items of which 50% are "new in sealed boxes" My home depot store maybe 12 items!

Cactus Man
            the ones you're seeing are the 1.5Ah bats, trust me, if 3.0Ah bats were going for $60 on ebay, they wouldn't last a sec...

Comment

Funny thing is, apparently these new items and batteries are *supposed* to be available / in stores for this weekend (hopefully). And yes, some are listed on eBay. However, I just checked the HD webpage to look at their flyer (hasn't been one in 2 or 3 weeks), and there is not a single mention of these new tools or anything. If Ridgid doesn't advertise, and HD doesn't to either, is this forum really the only advertising spot for Ridgid tools??

Comment

Just in the local HD, they had about 6-10 of them on the shelf.

Comment

Is it true that you can't register batteries bought individually for the LLSA?
                  The reason I ask is that I currently have only max select tools and 2 24v batteries, and the only charger I have is for 24v. So, I'm debating if I should purchase a 3ah battery and a charger, which cost $99 each, or would I be better off to buy the 18v compact drill for $179. I know the batteries with the drill are only 1.5ah, but I would be getting 2 of them plus the drill for less than I would pay for the 3ah battery and charger. And if you can only register batteries from the kit, then that's an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by jjschneider View Post
                    Just in the local HD, they had about 6-10 of them on the shelf.
                    Not in my neck of the woods as yet, but sounds like they're coming. I'm on the other side of the country so might be just a bit before they arrive. When you saw them, what was the price for the lithium?

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                      Funny thing is, apparently these new items and batteries are *supposed* to be available / in stores for this weekend (hopefully). And yes, some are listed on eBay. However, I just checked the HD webpage to look at their flyer (hasn't been one in 2 or 3 weeks), and there is not a single mention of these new tools or anything. If Ridgid doesn't advertise, and HD doesn't to either, is this forum really the only advertising spot for Ridgid tools??
                      I got the new H/D flyer in my mail today and when I did not see anything on the new Ridgid 18 volt lithium batteries or kits I had the same exact thoughts. I think we are just too close to the source with this Forum and unlike the average consumer, we know more than Ridgid is prepared to advertise at this time. I'm sure once delivery to the stores is ramped up, we will see the proper advertising on the part of H/D and or Ridgid. I think most of us would agree that the new 3.0AH lithium is going to be a class leader and if the tools in the kits have the right stuff and are priced reasonably, Ridgid will get a well deserved boost in sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottrodd View Post
                        Is it true that you can't register batteries bought individually for the LLSA?
                        The reason I ask is that I currently have only max select tools and 2 24v batteries, and the only charger I have is for 24v. So, I'm debating if I should purchase a 3ah battery and a charger, which cost $99 each, or would I be better off to buy the 18v compact drill for $179. I know the batteries with the drill are only 1.5ah, but I would be getting 2 of them plus the drill for less than I would pay for the 3ah battery and charger. And if you can only register batteries from the kit, then that's an added bonus.
                        I received individual batteries as a promo item which did not have the LSA form so I just photocopied a LSA form I had sent in for another tool and filled in the battery info and sent it in. Ridgid accepted it and gave me the LSA which is already up on my "MyEbox" listing.
                        Hottrodd....I don't know what max select tools you have, however I would advise buying the 18V compact drill regardless as it is one of the best I have ever used with great power, balance, trigger control and the 1.5 AH batts have surprisingly long runtime. I don't know what the 3AH batts will weigh, however the lightness of the comapct drill with the 1.5AH batts is one of its strong points. I have been using this drill every day on the job for 6 months now and it is a great performer. The only time I use the 24V hammerdrill is for biiiiiiig holes.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                          I received individual batteries as a promo item which did not have the LSA form so I just photocopied a LSA form I had sent in for another tool and filled in the battery info and sent it in. Ridgid accepted it and gave me the LSA which is already up on my "MyEbox" listing.
                          Hottrodd....I don't know what max select tools you have, however I would advise buying the 18V compact drill regardless as it is one of the best I have ever used with great power, balance, trigger control and the 1.5 AH batts have surprisingly long runtime. I don't know what the 3AH batts will weigh, however the lightness of the comapct drill with the 1.5AH batts is one of its strong points. I have been using this drill every day on the job for 6 months now and it is a great performer. The only time I use the 24V hammerdrill is for biiiiiiig holes.

Roadrashray,

Glad you mentioned the trigger control. There are so many good attributes of the compact drill, I think that the trigger control gets over looked. It is so smooth from start to finish with no noticeable hiccups or bumps in speed - just smooth acceleration throughout the trigger pull. I touch and hold the trigger while the chuck barely moves which allows the light to come on for sight in darker places and the bit falls into the screw grooves or allows me to place it where I want on wood/metal. From there the trigger is variable and smooth. Agree it's a great tool to have and won't have to buy the 18 volt lithium charger - just the batteries when they arrive in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                            Thanks for the info. Right now I have the 24v hammerdrill, recipercating saw, circular saw and flashlight. I'm leaning towards the compact drill for now and if I need batteries in the future I can get the 3.0ah ones since I'll already have a charger that works with them.

Comment

I saw them in some stores

Comment

non in central wi yet

Comment

Working...
                                X