X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Comming

Yes I know many of you are skeptical if this day would ever come but I've confirmed that they will will exist. They are in the HD computer as an inactive SKU so I can't give any timeframe of arrival but here is what I know.

Ridgid 18v 3ah Li-ion Battery

SKU 737-681 Model AC46182

Price $99

They are priced the same as the Makita 3ah batteries so I hope this only means a new lithium kit is not far away. All of the current 18v Ni-Cad kits are being clearanced and I haven't seen anything in the computer as a direct replacement so I hope this means big things are comming in Ridgid's cordless lineup.

Re: Ridgid 18v 3ah Lithium Batteries Comming

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
    Yes I know many of you are skeptical if this day would ever come but I've confirmed that they will will exist. They are in the HD computer as an inactive SKU so I can't give any timeframe of arrival but here is what I know.

Ridgid 18v 3ah Li-ion Battery

SKU 737-681 Model AC46182

Price $99

They are priced the same as the Makita 3ah batteries so I hope this only means a new lithium kit is not far away. All of the current 18v Ni-Cad kits are being clearanced and I haven't seen anything in the computer as a direct replacement so I hope this means big things are comming in Ridgid's cordless lineup.
    OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[SIZE="6"][/SIZE
      Happy New Year!
      Thanks for the good news.

Comment

thats good to hear my only concern is that will the new li ion batteries fit on the older ni-cad tools kinda how ryobi did theirs if thats the case them thats awesome...because i just bought a 4 piece ridgid ni-cad ste about 5 months ago..

Comment

Originally posted by tu4evr View Post
          thats good to hear my only concern is that will the new li ion batteries fit on the older ni-cad tools kinda how ryobi did theirs if thats the case them thats awesome...because i just bought a 4 piece ridgid ni-cad ste about 5 months ago..
          As long as they are the same voltage

Comment

Unfortunately there is one more concern I have, and that's how they will be sold. I have the five piece nicad set which I paid $449.00. Now if the 3.0 18 volt lithiums are only sold along with big sets I don't see myself spending several hundered dollars to get two batteries and a charger! Guess we're gonna have to wait and see?

Comment

Here's hoping not, but, even if they changed the color of the Ridgid lithium-ion sets to some undiscovered magic marketing miracle hue, I will still buy the batteries. I did the same with my Ryobi DIY stuff and it made a definite difference in their performance and longevity due to increased Ah ratings. Looking forward to it as they are needed to fill performance gaps on the job.

Comment

hey cellardoor,

from what you've seen, about how long does it take for HD to get the product from the time it gets into the system til it hits the floor?

i know products differ from one to the next but is there a "estimate" you can give us?

all i can say is, i'm buying the 4 or 5 piece set with an extra jig saw...

Comment

Hello
                  I called Ridgid (Tech Services) last week and asked about the 3.0AH batteries and they said they have not heard any news about the batteries. They also said they would be the first to hear if new batteries would be introduced.
                  So, somebody must be giving some wrong info. Where did HD get the info that they imputed in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                    Hello
                    I called Ridgid (Tech Services) last week and asked about the 3.0AH batteries and they said they have not heard any news about the batteries. They also said they would be the first to hear if new batteries would be introduced.
                    So, somebody must be giving some wrong info. Where did HD get the info that they imputed in the system.

Ridgid is full of BS.

When I was in the market for a router I called to ask them about plans for a Ridgid kit. I would have waited. They said "no plans."

Ridgid router kit was on the shelves 2 months later.

Until there's an official announcement from Ridgid, I'm guessing nobody there will tell us anything.

Comment

yeah i'm guessing they're keeping everything on the DL until release...

man i can't wait...

Comment

I know Li Ion technology is better than Ni Cad, but what is 3ah? What does that do for a cordless tool?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by sawhorse75 View Post
                          I know Li Ion technology is better than Ni Cad, but what is 3ah? What does that do for a cordless tool?

Thanks...
                          The "AH" stands for amp hours 3 would be the number. The greater the AH, the longer the tool can run. Let's say every time you take a gulp of water from a glass it's the same 4 ounce gulp, you can only get three gulps from a 12 ounce glass, but you can get 6 gulps from a 24 ounce glass. Your cordless drill will run twice as long before needing a change if you have the 3.0AH battery instead of the 1.5AH battery. That's why many of us have been asking for and hopeful to get that higher AH battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                            Hello
                            That's not the first time something like that has happened. Ridgid didn't know about the 2.5 gallon aluminum twin-tank air compressor a bit ago, when I had purchased one and it was sitting right there in front of me - I called them, and was told it didn't exist, and "no plans" (I was calling to get some additional specs).

Sometimes, unfortunately, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Great products, and Ridgid (plumbing and other tools) in Ohio are great, but Ridgid power tools (TTI) and their co-venture with Home Depot, seems to be too many hands in the kitchen.

Honestly, if the SKU is in the HD computer, it IS happening, and soon, no matter what the Tech Services line has to say (from experience, they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to new product releases). The radio's SKU was entered into the HD computer a month or so ago, and we've had confirmation from Josh and ProBrand that it's around the corner. Seems like everything is prepping to come out shortly, that Ridgid is gearing up for some big things with the spring season coming up.

Comment

i saw today in the system comp at hd that there will b a 12 volt li ion for 129 and a 4 pc 18v li ion for 369. dont know if the prices will change...but its some thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X