X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the XLI Tools

I checked the Home Depot Store and their Web site and I am unable to find any of the Dual Voltage tools. I was looking to get a impact Gun R8823 but it is not offered anywere. Are these tools being discontinued?
    Thanks
    J. B.

Re: Where are the XLI Tools

According to my Home Depot, yes they are. Shoulda hit the big 2 fer 1 sale back in October.....I got a caulking gun.....Is it ever keen.....
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Oops...forgot to mention before...you might want to get your local store to do a check on some other area stores for anything that might be around. Even better, drop into the tool department - they might have some squirreled in the back room.

Oh, and I got an impact gun too......heh heh...

Comment

I've heard different things from different sources, and depending on whether or not you talk to someone in US HD's or Canadian HD's, on whether or not the MaxSelect tools are being discontinued. What it looks like is that Ridgid is apparently still going to sell these tools, they aren't actually being discontinued, but they apparently are no longer going to be sold as individual tools anymore, but rather in small kits, with 3 or 4 tools. Different kit versions will have different tools apparently.

Also, I only live a scoot away from the Michigan border, and buy a lot of my Ridgid tools over there - the selection is always much better at Home Depot stores in the US. So.....if anyone is desperately wanting some of the MaxSelect tools, let me know. The stores that I regularly purchase from in Michigan still have lots of the various MaxSelect tools on their shelves. I go over to the US for various reasons about once every 2 or 3 weeks on average, sometimes more frequently. So, if a purchase is needed/wanted, let me know, and I would be willing to buy needed tools for someone and have it shipped to you. I'm one of the lucky Canadians who live close to the border, but I know that many others don't have the opportunity/resource of a US HD close.

Comment

Hey cancucksartech.... I'd be willing to take you up on that offer....I was looking to get on of the WD2450 - MaxSelect cordless wet/dry vacs.....they're $69 in the US. I was gonna get a buddy of mine in the States to grab one and ship it, but if you're willing, shipping within Canada would be less hassle......I'd paypal you the dough if you're up for it. Let me know.....

Comment

Sorry canucksartech.....the keyboard slipped on that previous post and your name got misspelled........

Comment

Tinmack,

Actually the MaxSelect cordless wet/dry vacuum is $99. I was just looking at picking one up when I was over in Michigan yesterday.

If you did want me to get you one, that's fine. I'm planning on going over again this upcoming weekend. I will PM you my e-mail address - e-mail me and we can work out the details if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                Tinmack,

Actually the MaxSelect cordless wet/dry vacuum is $99. I was just looking at picking one up when I was over in Michigan yesterday.

If you did want me to get you one, that's fine. I'm planning on going over again this upcoming weekend. I will PM you my e-mail address - e-mail me and we can work out the details if you want.
                Really?? Then how come I keep calling US Home Depots and they keep telling me they are $69.00?? The Amherst, New York store and North Buffalo stores(both about a half hour from Niagara Falls, New York) have it and they note the price as $69.00. According to the person I spoke to, that price is showing in the computer for right across the US.........

Maybe you were quoting the eBay price..........

Comment

I'll call the 2 HD's in Michigan that I shop at, and verify the price. I was looking at maybe buying one on Saturday, and the only thing that stopped me was the $99 price tag on the shelf. (It was fun to find, too. Like others on here have said, it wasn't over with the other MaxSelect stuff, and no orange apron had any idea where they were. I remembered the forum, and decided to look over by the other vacs, and sure enough...)

I'll get that double checked for you. I swear it said $99. I know the Pro-pac and the Store-and-go vacs are both $99 also. I just double checked the webpage, and no listing for the MaxSelect vac. I'll call and double check - let's just hope it is indeed $69, and not just in New York state but in Michigan also. If that's the case, I'll be picking up one, too!

Comment

I have the vac and what a great tool it is. Only $69 and the thing has great power. You will really enjoy it. I had to fix my toliet that was filled with water and I used this little vac and it worked like a champ.

Comment

Anyone have the SKU for the MaxSelect Wet/dry vac? I have the model number, but not the SKU.

Edit:

Never mind - found the SKU in another post. Model number is WD2450, SKU is 642-623. Also, in this other thread, it is also named as being $99:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=WD2450

No worries, Tinmack. I'll call my local HD's and find out - if it is indeed $69, then your request about this tool just made my day, because I've been looking at this tool for a bit. I'll post news.
                      Last edited by canucksartech; 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                        Really?? Then how come I keep calling US Home Depots and they keep telling me they are $69.00?? The Amherst, New York store and North Buffalo stores(both about a half hour from Niagara Falls, New York) have it and they note the price as $69.00. According to the person I spoke to, that price is showing in the computer for right across the US.........

Maybe you were quoting the eBay price..........
                        And please watch the tone. I'm offering you a favour here, and I don't really know you, and/or owe you one. I don't set the prices - just relaying the info that I know of. I'm looking into it. Thanks.

Comment

1. Roseville, MI, Store #2707, (586) 415-9620: 4 in stock, $69
                          2. Macomb Township, MI, Store #2776, (586) 463-3589: 3 on hand, 5 on order, $69

Looks like the wife isn't going to like me come Saturday night - daddy be coming home with another new tool!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                            And please watch the tone. I'm offering you a favour here, and I don't really know you, and/or owe you one. I don't set the prices - just relaying the info that I know of. I'm looking into it. Thanks.
                            WTF?? Watch my tone?? How 'bout you watch my middle finger.......I have a buddy of mine tracking it down in Ann Arbor, so I have no need of your favour, know, owed or otherwise.

Take the extra you were gonna buy for me and slap it on eBay along with those starter kits you picked up last week.......

Comment

Good for you, then. Sorry 'bout the offer.

BTW, what I sell on eBay, and the deals that I'm able to pick up and make a profit from, has no bearing on you or this forum, nor does it give you the okay to act like a jerk. An eBay listing of mine has no bearing on me getting you a MaxSelect wet/dry vac. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry if the last time I saw the price it was $99 - I have no idea if it was incorrectly labelled or not, and that's what I called to verify.

For your reference, I picked up the last 2 that I could find of the MaxSelect Starter Kits, with the single 24volt XLi lithium ion battery and charger and bag, for $89.50. They were clearing them out, I presume to make way for the new kits. However, last I saw, they still retail at $249 at our Canadian HD stores. So, I have one listed on eBay for $149. So, WTF, if I want to sell one on eBay, I will - if someone wants to buy it from me, me make a couple of bucks, and them saving a couple of bucks off of the Canadian retail price, then so be it.

'Nuff said, back to topic...

Comment

Working...
                              X