Trouble with my TS2400 Table Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with my TS2400 Table Saw

I have had the Rigid TS2400 table saw for about 5 years now and I have been extremely happy with it. Tonight I was making a few cuts through some 3/4 inch pine boards and everything was going well. When I shut down to adjust the fence for another cut the saw would only power up about 75% and then shut down. It never got up to full power and never stayed on longer then a few seconds. Not sure what is going on but I have checked the power outlet and nothing has changed from the first cuts to now. I even plugged it into a totally different circuit in the house and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on or what else I should do to investigate?

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Trouble with my TS2400 Table Saw

I would check the brushes...

Page 41 of the manual

Hope that helps
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Hey if it's the brushes, let us know, I'm interested too. And if it's not the brushes, let us know that, too.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted an email to the Support center and will let you know if they get back to me. I also thought it might be the brushes but without some further info from Rigid I am not sure that will be the correct fix.

Comment

If memory serves the TS2400 has a starter on it ( dont know for sure as I dont own one but have used several ). If it does have a starter it could be the starter coil gone or it could be a faulty centrifugal switch. Does the blade make any effort to move at all when you turn it on?

Comment

I had a very similar experience with my TS3650. After about 3 hours of heavy use, I, like you, adjusted the fence for another cut and had very little power. My drive belt had very little tension on it and was slipping badly. I fully raised the blade and the tension seemed OK. I lowered the blade again and, when I started the saw, the belt jumped completely off both pulleys. I reinstalled the belt several times and had the same thing happen. On about the fourth belt re-installation, the saw began working fine. I completed my project with no further problems.

I have no idea what caused the belt to lost tension/jump off the pulleys, and, I have no idea what restored operation to normal.

Comment

Since the 2400 is direct drive motor belt problems are ruled out. To me it also sounds like the brushes are gone. Brushes are user serviceable so I would take a look at them anyway. Check if they are almost gone.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and comments.

I brought the saw to a Rigid approved repair center and found out that it was a circuit board in the saw that controls speed and the board was shot. Cost me about $100 to repair. I brought it home yesterday and fired it up and sawed some lumber and everything worked as normal. Hope this info helps anyone else with a similar problem.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for posting what the actual problem was

$100.00 youch, at least you're up and running again...
                  Not that bad considering you've used the saw for 5 years...
                  Cheers! - Jim
                  -------------
                  All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I work in a Home Depot Tool rentals as a Tech (yeah yeah i know HD sucks) we had the same problem with both of our units at the same time so this is very helpful im gonna look into mine now see if i can fix it

Comment

Working...
                    X