X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Handle Removal

I'm wanting to mount my Router to a table top and I need to remove the handle. Any Idea on how to get to the bolt?

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Router Handle Removal

First off, which router?
    If it's the Ridgid, I removed mine (from the fixed base) a while back by drilling out the plastic plug (it seems to be epoxyed in there with something NASA should be using on the space shuttle tiles). Then you can get to the METRIC allen bolts. Comes out pretty easily, but leaves you with holes in your handles.
    Last edited by res057; 01-06-2008, 11:09 AM.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

The same question was posted some time ago, not long after the Ridgid router came out. As I recall, those caps just won't be pryed out for whatever reason and have to be drilled. Really too bad, as one would think that "handle-removal" should be a practical and easy move if mounting the router in a table. Who knows what lurks in the minds of the manufacturing engineers...

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys, It is a Ridgid. I did try to pry the caps out and of course you know the results I got. Going after the drill now!!

Jim

Comment

Same here, I tried in vain to remove them from my base. Didn't want to drill out the handles so I just modified my home made table to fit with the handles.

Comment

Working...
          X