X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Dewalt DW131, DW132 and DW138 Drills

It's official that Dewalt is no longer making anymore serious 1/2" or 3/4" spade handle drills. The DW130V is still available but it's not in the same class. This means Milwaukee can really take over in this market (as if they already haven't done so). While the discontinued models may still be in limited stock at some tool dealers, several major distributors have announced they have 0 stock and can't get more. I remember not that long ago when Porter-Cable had super duty spade handle drills, but no more. Times are changing for sure.

Re: No more Dewalt DW131, DW132 and DW138 Drills

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    It's official that Dewalt is no longer making anymore serious 1/2" or 3/4" spade handle drills. The DW130V is still available but it's not in the same class.

You mean they did ??? I own a B&D Industrial spade handle 1/2" drill, which I bought after the dewalts came out (got it cheap - old stock), but at that time I had found that b&d had done a down grade on the yellow jackets. So I looked around and found a 7" B&D industrial grinder (cheap - old stock), both are still running (grinder gets used 5 days a week, every week). Now if my dewalt tools had lasted like this I wouldn't own any Ridgid.
    Last edited by spintyer; 01-07-2008, 06:34 AM. Reason: clarified

Comment

This isn't everything that Dewalt is closing out. They are after the big $$$ and high volume sales anymore. If you by chance have the Black & Decker model 1321 that's an old workhorse.

Comment

I got a craftsman Industrial spade handle drill for only $51 plus $25 shipping off ebay. A dewalt DW131 in craftsman clothing! Sweet drill!
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X