X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 300C threading problems

I have a brand new machine and it double threads 2" and 11/2" pipe. I changed the dies 2 times and the drop heads 3 times. I tried all different combo's and I;m throwing my hands up on this machine.

I installed the dies as per the numbers mactching on the quick opening drop head. I made sure each die has the same number on it so they are a matching set.

Please help

Re: Ridgid 300C threading problems

Each set of dies comes with numbers on them - 1, 2, 3 etc. and each die must be put in the right slot, but it sounds like you've done this already, because if you put in, say a couple of # 1 dies or other #'s you will get a double thread, but you already know this. I've never had this problem on my 300, threaded a pile of 2" pipe on it.

Can you be more specific about your assembly of the complete head? Then maybe someone can help a lot better.

Comment

I have been using Ridgid machines all my life and all different types. Its not the quick opening stock and dies because if I take them and put them in the std carriage that mounts to a std 300 machine they thread straight. Its the 300C something is screwed up with alignment ...maybe ny guys dropeed it and bent some thing ... I want to get in touch with Ridgid direct.

Thanks for your sugestions.

Ron

Comment

You can e-mail them thru your e-box or support section, and they will get back to you. As they don't usually respond to posts, they let the forum members respond. And sorry, but it's hard to tell how much experience people have had with a machine, with so little information, as all the information would probably take to long to post.

Comment

Working...
        X