thinking about 15 ga. angled finish nailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about 15 ga. angled finish nailer

i was just wonder if any one out there owns or has used a ridgid 15 ga. angled finish nailer before...wanted some advice/opinion about...thank in advance.

Re: thinking about 15 ga. angled finish nailer

I'm super happy with my 16 ga straight finish nailer from Ridgid. I got it in June and have used the heck out of it. This is my first finish nailer, though, so I have very little to compare it with.
    I keep seeing the angled 15ga one on ebay and bidding, but I can't justify spending much on a second nailer. I keep trying to land one for around $50.

I would be interested in anybody else's input on when you would need a 15ga vs. a 16ga nail, and the availability of the angled nails for this gun. The advantages of the angled gun are self evident.

Comment

Even though the 15g nail is just...the next size up, there is a lot more holding power. Next time you visit the big box stores, hold up a 16g and a 15g next to each other. The Senco 15g DA angled nails can be used to hold heavier trim on the wall. However, the 16g would do just fine also with the exception of more nail holes to fill.

Comment

I am in the middle of a kitchen/den remodel and when I got to putting some of the trim back up my ole Grizzle nail guns weren't acceptable for doing the job since they don't have a rubber tip on the bottom to protect the wood. I had been looking at the 15ga Ridgid for sometime. Went to get it and we had gotten in the Senco 3 pc (15ga angle, 18ga straight & 1/4" crown stapler) set just that day. The Ridgid was $209. and the 3 pc Senco with roll around tool bag was $199.00. I opted for the Senco set and have been extremely satisfied so far. When I went back to work the day after Christmas we had one Senco set left and they marked it down to $149.00. I went to the returns desk and got my $50.00 refund because of it.
        There is a lot of difference between the 15ga and 16ga nails, I was amazed at the noticeable difference in diameter and the holding power of them. Plus, with the available of the galvanized nails it can be utilized for exterior projects also.
        sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Working...
        X