Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Orbital Sanders: Rigid versus Bosch

Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a random orbital sander...ideally I am looking for something that is made in Germany and I have found the 6 inch Rigid model (made by Metabo in Germany?) and the Bosch 1295DVSH. I believe the Bosch has a superior dust collection system, other than that can anyone who has owned either or both of these orbital sanders please offer their humble opinion as to their pros and cons.

Also, given that almost everything these days is "made in China" I am interested in those power tools that are of a domestic, European or other county of manufacture.

Thanks

Re: Random Orbital Sanders: Rigid versus Bosch

I can't comment on the Ridgid one, but I own that Bosch model. I've only used it about a dozen times, but I've had no problems with it. So far, I've only used it with 220 grit for finish sanding. The dust collection system works great.

For the price, $50-70, it is a great value in my opinion. I can't think of any cons about it off the top of my head. Maybe I don't have the best opinion because I haven't had it for very long, but I would recommend it to others.

Comment

Metabo no longer makes that sander. The new model is made in china

Comment

I have the Ridgid one made in Germany and I love it. Like all of my Ridgid tools quality throughout. No problems with any tool made in China either so far.

Comment

Working...
        X