X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.4 impact

anybody know where i can get one of the 14.4 v impact drivers...my hd is out along with my surrounding stores...we still have the 14.4 drill which is at $99 it i could get the bare impact..id buy a drill for the batteries...thanks for the help...

Re: 14.4 impact

You could try eBay or just have HD order one for you.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have been looking for an impact driver as well, on my way out of the local HD today I noticed a full pile of 14.4 v impact drivers for $79 (Canadian).

Is this little impact any good? Just looking for something for home use for some projects I have coming up in the next 3 years. For the price I was thinking of getting, although I would be curious if Ridgid has something new coming out in the 18 volt range since I just bought their LI compact drill.

I can't get the Max line here for some reason, they can't order them either.
      Last edited by srgallan; 01-17-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

i got the last 14.4 impact at the new rochelle ny HD for $27.50, new and complete. that baby originally retailed for $179. It really can't be beat for driving screws. it generates 1400 inch lbs of torque, just 90 inch pounds less than the Max Select driver. I own 2 of them (paid 108 for the first one and thought that was a good deal at the time). if you stumble across one at a clearance price, it's a great addition to any tool collection.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by srgallan View Post
          I have been looking for an impact driver as well, on my way out of the local HD today I noticed a full pile of 14.4 v impact drivers for $79 (Canadian).

Is this little impact any good? Just looking for something for home use for some projects I have coming up in the next 3 years. For the price I was thinking of getting, although I would be curious if Ridgid has something new coming out in the 18 volt range since I just bought their LI compact drill.

I can't get the Max line here for some reason, they can't order them either.
          We have both the 14.4 impact and the MaxSelect impact which we have used with the 18V and 24V LI batts. Surprisingly the 14.4 will out perform the MaxSelect. The tipoff is in the RPM specs. The 14.4 is 2850 RPM while the MaxSelect is only 1700/18V and 2100/24V.
          They are both good performers, however it is our experiance that the 14.4 is clearly superior. I wrote an email to Ridgid asking why the huge difference in RPM specs. Their response was, they don't tell the public why they do what they do.

Comment

I assume this Impact driver is covered by the LSA as well? It's listed on the box and on the site but I did not get a registration card included in the box? Do I need the registration card for LSA registration purposes or does filling it out online do the same job?

Comment

i have registered all of my ridgid tools online. once entered into my ebox, i send ridgid a copy of the receipt with my ebox id#, my email address, my mailing address and the words "to complete lsa registration" written on the copy of the receipt with an arrow pointing to the item on the receipt. all my items have been lsa registered. i have never sent them a upc from the boxes the tools came in nor have i ever sent them a snail mail registration card. the address to which the copy of the purchase receipt is mailed is not ridgid's corporate HQ. let me know if you need it, but its readily available from ridgid CS.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Srgallan,

If you need one of the LLSA registration cards, just go to the pro/contractor's desk at your local HD. They generally and usually have a stack of them behind there, as spares for people if they need them.

Comment

The 14.4 Ridgid Impact Driver by Ridgid is going on sale this week at Home Depots in Canada for $69.00. I believe the sale ends whenever they are sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by gob129 View Post
                    The 14.4 Ridgid Impact Driver by Ridgid is going on sale this week at Home Depots in Canada for $69.00. I believe the sale ends whenever they are sold out.
                    That is an awesome deal, especially as I believe it includes a charger and two batts!!!
                    Makes me wish I could I could speak "aye". Not sure on the spelling, but you know what I mean.

Comment

Might have to pick a second one up for that price, 140 for two batteries and spare impact is not that bad. Especially since so far I have found the run time just fair on those batts.

Comment

Originally posted by gob129 View Post
                        Any way to help out those of us south of the border not so lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutterman View Post
                          Any way to help out those of us south of the border not so lucky?
                          Sure - send us over Dubya, and we'll trade you for another tool.

Ahh, just kiddin'.

Gutterman, I think this, and the previous MaxSelect tool sale (two tools for $79), are the few and far between sales that we have that beat you guys. That said, NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH! :twofinger2:

Just teasing! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                          X