Ryoi made by Ridgid??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryoi made by Ridgid??

was at Home depot tonight looking at a few toys I need to add to my collection....wifee po was holding the debit card like its was my leash....in any case Sales person was telling me thatRyobi was made by Ridgid...basicly yhe same tools just diffrent name and color.....I've heard Black and Decker makes Dealt...and X makes Bosch (cant remr the company name)...

But never heard the Ridgid makes Ryobi one before...IS it true??

Re: Ryoi made by Ridgid??

yea its true...ridgid ryobi and miluwakee are all ran by a company called TTI...oh and skil makes bosch...

Comment

TTI is the parent company of OWT. OWT is the maker of Ryobi tools and they also make the RIDGID line. I think that the Milwaukee line isn't, yet anyways, made at the same factories as Ryobi and RIDGID but Milwaukee was purchased by TTI a year or so ago.

As far as Ryobi and RIDGID tools being the same but just a different color, that is incorrect. Each line of tools are made to different specification but in some cases they do share some similar design features.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

They are manufactured by the same company (TTI) but they are not the same tools. TTI owns the Ryobi and Milwaukee brands and the manufacture Ridgid under license. Ridgid tools however are significantly superior to the Ryobi counterparts which are built to lower quality and specifications. If anything the Ridgid and Milwaukee tools are a lot closer. Notice how some of the V18 tools look remarkably similar to Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
          They are manufactured by the same company (TTI) but they are not the same tools. TTI owns the Ryobi and Milwaukee brands and the manufacture Ridgid under license. Ridgid tools however are significantly superior to the Ryobi counterparts which are built to lower quality and specifications. If anything the Ridgid and Milwaukee tools are a lot closer. Notice how some of the V18 tools look remarkably similar to Ridgid.
          I had an orange apron tell me once that if you take apart some the Ridgid Hammer and Milwaukee V18 they contain like 90% the same parts.

I would compare Ryobi/Ridgid along with B&D/DeWalt being owned under one parent company similar to say GM who owns Chevy and Caddilac.

Comment

Bosch (parent company) owns Skil, Dremel, & RotoZip.

Black & Decker (parent company) owns DeWalt & Porter Cable

TTI, OWT (parent company) own Ridgid, Ryobi, & Milwaukee

Makita owns Makita, Hitachi owns Hitachi.

Unless a manufacturer is making their own motors and switches, they are likely using the same parts, just in a different housing. Johnson motors I think?

Beware of the marketing dollars at work! Read some unbiased reviews, talk to people, try stuff out, then buy.
            I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

[quote=36volt;116439]..................
              TTI, OWT (parent company) own Ridgid, Ryobi, & Milwaukee
              quote]
              Sorry but that statement is incorrect. TTI is the parent company and they do not own Ridgid. Emerson owns Ridgid.
              ================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

The company that makes Ryobi tools also makes Ridgid tools. Under lisence they make Ridgid as their "pro" brand. Bosch makes Skil as their more economical brand. Black and Decker owns DeWalt, Porter Cable, Delta as their pro brands. Milwaukee cordless drills are the only products that are made by the same company that make both Ridgid and Ryobi.

Comment

check this www.ttigroup.com

Comment

Working...
                  X