X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max selcet jig saw

considering getting one of these soon...which is better cordless/corded...opinions welcome too...

Re: max selcet jig saw

I'm a cordless fan, myself. Especially with the MaxSelect line. When I need to use the tools for fairly mild work, and want less weight, I use the 18volt compact lithium ion batteries. When I need to use the tools for something more robust (ie - just about any use for the MaxSelect circular saw or reciprocating saw), I use the tools with the 24 volt XLi lithium ion batteries. Excellent line of tools, in my opinion, due to this versatility.

The jig saw is a great little tool, very well balanced and nice features to it. The only drawback is that the blade is not held the straightest due to the tension lock mechanism - it's not at a perfect 0 degrees straight, more or less about 5 to 10 degrees to the one side. Not too major of an issue, due to the fact that as soon as you start moving it through some dense 1/2" or 3/4" plywood, then it gets straightened out from moving through the wood. Only real con to this tool. Others don't really like the little clear plastic piece that snaps on around the blade - it's a safety feature, but it gets all covered in sawdust, and makes the work piece hard to see. I just took it off, and I always wear work gloves and safety glases when I work.

Good tool. For a hundred bucks and change, well worth it. If you've got other Ridgid cordless tools, this one is a nice add-on.

Comment

thanks canuck im thinking about getting that jigsaw along with the 24vli starter kit..we got one left at my store and its down to 89 bucks so yea id get a bigger battery too, im thinking about the max impact driver, any thing good about that one, heard the 14.4 is stronger...so yea...

Comment

Yeah, the 14.4 impact is a bit faster, better, stronger, for whatever reasons. But the MaxSelect impact is nice, especially with the LED light - I frowned at that concept when it first started coming out on some competitor's tools, but man, what a nice little feature.

If you're thinking of starting a nice little setup, get a 18 volt compact lithium ion drill kit, with 2 batteries, and then add on extra MaxSelect tools from that one. If you need more power, then add the starter kit with the 24 volt battery (it is a great deal, I would suggest pick it up now, if you feel you don't need it, sell it down the road).

The 18 volt compact lithium ion with 2 batteries, the MaxSelect impact driver, and the MaxSelect jigsaw - the start of a nice little setup. That MaxSelect impact is a pure treat with the compact lithium ion batteries - it's a little bit big and awkward with the 24 volt batteries (but they're great with the bigger tools, ie - any of the saws).

Comment

i already have a 4 pc nicad 18 volt set(x2 drill circ saw recip flashlight, 2 batteries)...so whatever else i get for the immediate future will be off my nicads...or i might just hold off and wait to see what happens with the new 3.0 ah batteries that are apparently on the way...so yea ill be getting my tax refund in a couple if months so im might spend it on the new stuff if/when it comes depending on the price

Comment

Working...
          X