X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V battery lfe

I have an 18V Hammer Drill and the both batteries barerly last long enough to get the other one charged (1/2 hour), when working almost full out. Does anyone else find the battery life very short?

Re: 18V battery lfe

Hammer drilling is fairly arduous duty and if you are drilling deep holes in tough concrete "working full out", I can see where they might discharge that fast. How old are these batts? I am assuming you are talking about Nicad batts? What size (AH's) are they? I would assume a hammer drill would come with the Nicad 2.5HD batts, however maybe you have some of the smaller one's which would limit work time.

Comment

I've had similar experience as a homeowner using my Ridgid 18 volt tools. They run real strong but the batteries don't last very long at all. That's why I was hoping they would come out with a 3AH lithium battery in 18 volt that would fit my tools. They will run longer at full power, just what I want. By the way it happens with my drill, impact, circular saw and reciprocating saw. The batteries don't discharge too bad when not in use but don't last very long when in use.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcQ View Post
        I have an 18V Hammer Drill and the both batteries barerly last long enough to get the other one charged (1/2 hour), when working almost full out. Does anyone else find the battery life very short?
        If it is a brand new unit, or if the batteries are new, according to the Ridgid manual, the batteries need to be charged a few times before they reach full capacity.

Comment

are they max hc (1.9ah) batteries or max 2.5 (2.5ah)batteries? the 2.5s last considerably longer than the hc. i have both and try to mostly use the 2.5s
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
          X