Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bits for Bosch PS20 (and Ridgid impact driver too).....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bits for Bosch PS20 (and Ridgid impact driver too).....

Just picked up a Bosch Litheon driver.......man this thing is great! Found multiple uses for it (other than the one I bought it for).

Im looking to get a decent kit of bits for it......I didnt want to use a rapid change setup (just adds length to the whole thing and makes a compact tool less compact)......so I was looking for hex bits that will fit in the chuck of the Bosch, probably 2-3" long? The tool came with 2 bits, but I need things like allen bits, and maybe even a set of decent hex shank drill bits for some light drilling. Anyone know of a decent quality set like this? Ive heard McFeeleys stuff is good but they didnt seem to have a kit with the correct bits (rather, they had a quick change kit with the 1" long wire-retainer bits).

And while we're at it, how about the same kind of kit that is setup to take on an impact driver? My 18V Ridgid gets a lot of use, but again only if it calls for a philips or slotted screw.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Re: Bits for Bosch PS20 (and Ridgid impact driver too).....

HD carries some nice hex shank bit sets from Ryobi, Milwaukee, and Dewalt. Personally I like the set from Milwaukee and the hex shank drill bit set from Ryobi.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-3...0977293&sr=1-1

http://www.ryobitools.com/speedload/17_pc_kit.html

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW2169-...0977755&sr=8-1

I don't think the HD site has them, but you can find them in the store. I also have the Dewalt "impact ready" set and it has been useful.

Comment

I just picked up the Bosch 18v kit, and the impact driver is quick-change only, it won't take anything else. Is the Ridgid like that? I'd hate to see you put all this time into getting a set of bits that only fit your Litheon driver and not your Ridgid impact driver.

Comment

Yes the Ridgid is quick change only. Like I said, Ive used them both plenty but have been limited to slotted or philips screws only (I did use the impact driver to drive lag bolts, luckily I had a quick change to socket adapter).

I have a set of hex quick change bits, but its a large box and the bits are pretty cheap (wont hold up to anything with power like the Bosch and definitely not the Ridgid). The DeWalt impact ready set seems nice, but I didnt like the assortment of bits (for example, almost all of my 2 yr old sons furniture is put together with allen screws.......allen screw bits for the Bosch would come in really handy).

-Chris

Comment

Try McFeeleys, their bits are top notch.

Oops, missed the reference to McFeeleys in the authors post. So, never mind.
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-22-2008, 12:36 PM.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
            Just picked up a Bosch Litheon driver.......man this thing is great! Found multiple uses for it (other than the one I bought it for).

Im looking to get a decent kit of bits for it......I didnt want to use a rapid change setup (just adds length to the whole thing and makes a compact tool less compact)......so I was looking for hex bits that will fit in the chuck of the Bosch, probably 2-3" long? The tool came with 2 bits, but I need things like allen bits, and maybe even a set of decent hex shank drill bits for some light drilling. Anyone know of a decent quality set like this? Ive heard McFeeleys stuff is good but they didnt seem to have a kit with the correct bits (rather, they had a quick change kit with the 1" long wire-retainer bits).

And while we're at it, how about the same kind of kit that is setup to take on an impact driver? My 18V Ridgid gets a lot of use, but again only if it calls for a philips or slotted screw.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
            After purchasing the MaxSelect impact tool several months ago I quickly found that the standard short hex bits that one uses with a magnetic holder was unsatisfactory because the bits tended to stick in the screw and pull out of the magnetic tool. I tried everywhere to find a complete set including the
            philips, slotted, square, and star style of the 2" bits that lock into the hex head on the impact tool. I was never successfull with that approach and have purchesed several four bit bags of the bits from Lowe's. They have recently started carrying these bits in their house brand "Cobalt", and the price is resonable and they seem to hold up well. I have found the star bits to be far superior to both philips and square for driving deck screws. They "load" fast and easy and the bit never slips out while driving.
            Ryobi has a nice little hex shank drill bit set for $19.95.

Comment

I have tried a lot of sets the Dewalt impact set is the best one it has the best variety . I espically like the #2 bits that are a little smaller for when you have the impact gun

Comment

Working...
              X