X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using in-line desiccant dryers

Quick question that I don't know the answer to. I am wanting to install an inline desiccant dryer while I run my air nailers. Do I install them at the compressor or on the end of the hose and plug directly into my nailer?

Re: Using in-line desiccant dryers

There are two set ups that I recommend and it depends on your nailer. Install the desiccant dryer directly to your nailer if your nailer does not require a few drops of oil for lubrication(oil free). Buy the swirl induced desiccants used on Sata and other expensive hvlp guns used in painting cars. Devilbiss , Graco, and Binks are all good brands as they swirl the air through the desiccant with very low pressure drop.
    If your gun does require oil, then attach the in line dryer right before the quick disconnect coupler. That way, you can detach the nailer and oil it without clogging your filter. As a side note, if your compressor cycles a lot, it would also be a could idea to install a regular filter 25 feet from the compressor. This primary filter would make your secondary (desiccant) filter last a lot longer.

Comment

Re: Using in-line desiccant dryers

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      Quick question that I don't know the answer to. I am wanting to install an inline desiccant dryer while I run my air nailers. Do I install them at the compressor or on the end of the hose and plug directly into my nailer?
      It will help at either end, but if you put it closer to your nailer the air will be cooler and will release the moisture easier into the desiccant medium. That's the only difference, and of course the type desiccant dryer you use.

Comment

Working...
      X