Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small concearn with R931 Kit, Just got tonight. Need Answers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small concearn with R931 Kit, Just got tonight. Need Answers?

Originally posted by Dcat22 View Post
    Just to follow up on that...took the R9228 kit back to HD this morning, and they were great, had one left, and exchanged it without much fuss. I was worried, as I could have just as easily taken some tools myself, and lied about it when returning...which I didn't do, of course. (They just had to get a manager since it was too "perfect" of a job with the plastic wrap taped back, and a HD price sign *inside* the wrap when I bought it.)

Thanks!
    DCat,

Glad everything worked out for you with the exchange. I'm sure that this has happened to a few of us where we had to be the one to return an item hoping that the sales people understand that we are fine upstanding people and we're not scamming for a few extra tools. Been there and done that. Though I've read a few responses where they have very little good to say about the local HDs, for the most part, I'll wager that the experiences are mostly positive and never get posted as much as those that have a gripe.

I too bought the ultimate kit and having purchased other kits and individual tools, I'd say that this one "is" the ultimate (maybe except for the 1.9 mAh batteries, but I've got 5 others so no big deal there). Every tool is there and I was contemplating purchasing those tools that caused me gaps in the overall tool line. Sold 4 duplicate tools, one of the 1.9 batteries, and an older single NiCad charger to my buddy who is now almost as ecstatic as I am. We both feel we scored. He's got a set and I got a net purchase far less than the $299 sale price. I kept the 8 piece kit in tact because they all bear the same serial number and sold my older ones off.

Comment

Re: Small concearn with R931 Kit, Just got tonight. Need Answers?

Originally posted by Dcat22 View Post
      ....one random question: Should the 18V battery charger make a quiet "ssss" sound and put out a decent amount of warm air while charging? Everything seems to work well though, and the batteries charged just fine. (I've only worked with 12V or less before...and they didn't seem to do that.)
      Yes, that's sort of normal with this charger. It sort of sounds like a capacitor that builds up a slight charge, then dumps it into the battery. On/off, sort of hissing sound.

Comment

Working...
      X