• Show
Clear All

• Need Filter for Ridgid W/D Vac

I have a Ridgid W/D vac, specs as follows:

Model: WD17351
    Serial: 02331C0215
    Capacity: 16gal
    Power: 6.5HP

I cannot find a replacement filter for this model. VF5000 DOES NOT FIT -- it is too long.

Searching ridgid.com for this model number turns up nothing.

What gives?

Private e-mail replies to bhbullock@datsco.com are welcome. Many thanks for any help.

Re: Need Filter for Ridgid W/D Vac

Take your filter to Sears and see if they've got one to match it. Craftsman and Ridgid vacs are both made by the same people.

Comment

I have the same problem if anyone has a specific replacement they can suggest. (I threw the old filter out a while ago after purchasing the "standard - fits all 5-20 gallon vacs and just got around to trying to install the new one.
      )

Comment

Ridgid changed the design specs for the filters, filter cages and filter plates some time ago. You'll need to call up customer service at 1-800-4-RIDGID. That's 1-800-474-3443 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST Monday - Friday) but this week Monday is a holiday so maybe call on Tuesday. Tell them the model of your vac and the problem. They should know about this problem all too well as it's been brought up on this forum many times. They have an update parts kit you will need. Once you have it then you should be able to use the newer filters.
        Last edited by Woussko; 02-16-2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that tip. Turns out I just followed Wild Weasel's tip and went to Sears. The Craftsman 'red stripe' filter is a good match. Which is quite a coincidence considering I'm going on vacation to Jamaica soon!

Comment

I'm glad you found a filter that worked for it as is. It's crazy but SEARS does have far more in the way of shop vac filters and accessories that work with Ridgid vacs than does Home Depot.

Comment

I just wanted to update everyone about my filter woes, as I'm sure you're all atwitter with anticipation...

Seriously, I called the 800 number contributed by Woussko (sp?) and ordered the replacement parts. They worked perfectly.

Many many thanks to all who replied. This really is a good online community.

Brad

Comment

Working...
              X