When do the sales happen at HD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do the sales happen at HD?

Yes for all those looking for the kit, CHECK THE OVERHEAD STORAGE!!!

For the 269 kit that was on clearance, I checked 4 or 5 HDs. The only one that said ZERO on the computer was actually the only one that really HAD it. I was wandering around the hardware aisle and they were in overhead storage. In fact I had given up on the 5 pc kit and found the 4 pc. When the HD drone was nice enough to go up and get it for me, she asked if I wanted the 5 pc right next to it instead, and sure enough it was the 5 pc on clearance too.

I wouldnt be surprised if I can find the 299 deal right there too, but I dont really need the caulking gun or jigsaw that badly.

-Chris

Comment

Yeah but for $ 299.00 just buy and sell the stuff you dont want. You can make your money back plus some and still keep some tools and batteries !!

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
        ... and use my 20% HD coupon for that and my TS3650...

today has been a good day
        I asked a local HD store about the 20% coupons and they said that none existed except for those offered by scammers on eBay, etc. Now I'm confused. Do these coupons actually exist?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrocka1200 View Post
          Yeah but for $ 299.00 just buy and sell the stuff you dont want. You can make your money back plus some and still keep some tools and batteries !!
          Yes I thought about that. I may check the local HD when I get a chance. Not going to bust my butt trying to find it like I did the kit I kept for myself though

Comment

Originally posted by beeser View Post
            I asked a local HD store about the 20% coupons and they said that none existed except for those offered by scammers on eBay, etc. Now I'm confused. Do these coupons actually exist?
            AFAIK the 20% coupons were given to employees only as gifts (i.e. christmas, etc). One was copied, the copy was copied, etc. Eventually every one had em on Ebay for sale. HD pretty quickly stopped accepting them. The easiest way to "use" it was to find a competitor (big blue store) that would accept them. And after a little bit even they stopped giving 20% off, instead they would knock only 10% off.

So they existed for a very short time. Now that HD knows what was going on, they'll probably never do it again, nor will they accept any that you bring in. OTOH, most HDs will accept a 10% off from the big blue place, if you have the means of getting one (search that same place you can find the illegitimate HD 20% coupon).

-Chris

Comment

The original HD 20% coupon was given to all of the employees back 2005 and signed by Robert Nardelli. Photoshop has enabled everyone to MAGICALLY keep extending the expiration date for as they choose.
              By the way, HD usually has the huge tool event around March or April; Buy $500 worth of tools and you get $150 rebate.

Comment

Sometime last year HD implemented a scan bar on all of their coupons and whatnot. Now we will only accept HD coupons that have a scanbar on them and the computer will verify that it is within the accepted dates. No more of the copied or bought 10-20% off HD coupons. They also discontinued their 20% off employee Christmas bonus coupons and instead gave the store Christmas party fund like an extra $50 per associate. Didn't bother me much because I think the last 2 years I gave mine away to someone who needed it on this forum.

This does not apply to competitors coupons so feel free to keep brining in those blue coupons and we should honor it.

Comment

Aren't there also 20% off AmEx coupons? I thought there still were some various higher value (10% +) coupons out there that were in fact authentic and good to use?

Comment

The AMEX ones require you to use the Amex card to purchase at the same time. They expired on the 15th.

Comment

i semi lied when i said i had a 20% off coupon...what i do is i buy the store credit cards on ebay, usually get them for 90% of it's face value, then i get the 10% mover's coupon...add them together you got approximately 20%.

i can't wait for that $150 rebate on tools...that would be just sick! I'll use my cheater 20% off technique on the TS3650 and 18volt 3.0 drill/driver AND (if it actually exists), I'll get that $150 bucks back...

Comment

I got another 8 piece this afternoon (I got the first one last night). The HD in San Bernardino (North) had about 4 of them left. I doubt they will last long.

I got the extra kit in case anyone of my friends and family want to get in on the deal. If not, I was going to return the extra kit. Before I do that I will post to see if anyone on this forum wants it. It cost me $322 including tax. I would only want that money back plus actual shipping. I'm not interested in making money from you guys (is it a no-no to offer something for sale here?). I'll let everyone know.
                        Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
                          I got another 8 piece this afternoon (I got the first one last night). The HD in San Bernardino (North) had about 4 of them left. I doubt they will last long.

I got the extra kit in case anyone of my friends and family want to get in on the deal. If not, I was going to return the extra kit. Before I do that I will post to see if anyone on this forum wants it. It cost me $322 including tax. I would only want that money back plus actual shipping. I'm not interested in making money from you guys (is it a no-no to offer something for sale here?). I'll let everyone know.
                          that's still not bad at all...so i'm guessing about $370 shipped...i'm sure someone here would like it...

i got mine for $284 including tax, title and licence...

Comment

The HD in Lemon Grove had about 6 of the kits you guys are describing this morning. Hope this helps somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                              What time during the year does HD have their tool sales?

other then the typical memorial day, labor day, father's day, thanksgiving, christmas?

any late winter/early spring sales in particular?

thanks
                              Deuce
                              IF they're smart, they'll watch for when income tax refund checks to be sent out and of course those "rebates" that should start going out in June-July, plus the above mentioned...
                              Phil
                              Tools Rule

Comment

Not to be a annoyance and bring this thread back from the dead, but I didn't want to create another thread about just easter, so.........

anyone know if most tool places (ahem, HD) have sales during easter?

good God i have the worst tool itch ever...I want to get that TS3660 so bad right now, but i want to save a few bucks if possible

and the sad part is, i don't really have a use for it right now, i just want to put it together and caress it

EDIT: Master Engineer just said in my WW forum that the tools event is in March, so i'm gonna wait for that...
                                Last edited by DeuceLee; 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM. Reason: found out new info

Comment

Working...
                                X