X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do the sales happen at HD?

Don't know. I've been waiting and watching the Home Depot online flyers. There's been a lot of weeks gone by with no flyers at all since Christmas. The odd week or two where there is a flyer, there's nothing really special going on. Also, if you're lucky, it's only a 2-page flyer or so.

Fingers crossed, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
      Don't know. I've been waiting and watching the Home Depot online flyers. There's been a lot of weeks gone by with no flyers at all since Christmas. The odd week or two where there is a flyer, there's nothing really special going on. Also, if you're lucky, it's only a 2-page flyer or so.

Fingers crossed, I guess...
      thats exactly what i've been doing as well, and noticing...errrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

The not-so-funny thing about it was that the first Home Depot had none in stock (computer said "0") and the HD tool guys were going nuts about the price and how they wanted one. So I go to the second HD and find none on the shelves or upper racks. I had the special services desk check the computer and they were supposed to have 5 in stock. None to be found, however. So now 3 of their tool guys come out of the woodwork to help look for them. They were also raving about how it was such a good deal and "I gotta get one for myself". I told them that was what I was worried about. 5 in stock, but none on the floor? He told me that the computer was not always correct about their stock. I reminded them that the lady at the service desk told me it was "real-time" inventory. I could see them being one or two off, but certainly not 5.

Then, as if by magic, here comes a cart with two of the kits on it. The guy tells me, "congratulations, you got the last two". I thought is was funny that my buddy and I went in there to buy these things and they could only come up with 1 for each of us when there was supposed to be 5. We wanted to buy more to help out others who couldn't get in on the deal. It just makes me wonder if the HD employees were hiding them for themselves. I am probably wrong, but it sure looked suspicious.[/quote]

Yes, I missed out on the "Black Friday" sale where they sold the TS2400LS for $299. One of the ladies at the pro desk said that she had purchased one for her husband. I am thinking that this is an unfair advantage to the employees of HD. They should be barred from special purchases such as these until after the sale. After the sale, if any sale items are left, then they can purchase said sale items at the sale price...Take care of the customer first then the employee....

Comment

Originally posted by dhawes View Post
          The not-so-funny thing about it was that the first Home Depot had none in stock (computer said "0") and the HD tool guys were going nuts about the price and how they wanted one. So I go to the second HD and find none on the shelves or upper racks. I had the special services desk check the computer and they were supposed to have 5 in stock. None to be found, however. So now 3 of their tool guys come out of the woodwork to help look for them. They were also raving about how it was such a good deal and "I gotta get one for myself". I told them that was what I was worried about. 5 in stock, but none on the floor? He told me that the computer was not always correct about their stock. I reminded them that the lady at the service desk told me it was "real-time" inventory. I could see them being one or two off, but certainly not 5.

Then, as if by magic, here comes a cart with two of the kits on it. The guy tells me, "congratulations, you got the last two". I thought is was funny that my buddy and I went in there to buy these things and they could only come up with 1 for each of us when there was supposed to be 5. We wanted to buy more to help out others who couldn't get in on the deal. It just makes me wonder if the HD employees were hiding them for themselves. I am probably wrong, but it sure looked suspicious.
          Yes, I missed out on the "Black Friday" sale where they sold the TS2400LS for $299. One of the ladies at the pro desk said that she had purchased one for her husband. I am thinking that this is an unfair advantage to the employees of HD. They should be barred from special purchases such as these until after the sale. After the sale, if any sale items are left, then they can purchase said sale items at the sale price...Take care of the customer first then the employee....[/quote]

unfortunately there's really no way of doing that...they can just have a friend come in a buy it for them as soon as it's on sale...

i would have jumped all over that TS2400LS deal...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
            Yes, I missed out on the "Black Friday" sale where they sold the TS2400LS for $299. One of the ladies at the pro desk said that she had purchased one for her husband. I am thinking that this is an unfair advantage to the employees of HD. They should be barred from special purchases such as these until after the sale. After the sale, if any sale items are left, then they can purchase said sale items at the sale price...Take care of the customer first then the employee....
            unfortunately there's really no way of doing that...they can just have a friend come in a buy it for them as soon as it's on sale...

i would have jumped all over that TS2400LS deal...[/quote]

I snagged one of those TS2400 saws on Black friday, it's still sitting in the box in my garage. The store only had two, I was waiting at the door when they opened at 6 AM, the guy in front of me got the first one and I got the last one.
            As for when tools go on sale, the clearance stuff goes out whenever they decide to put it out. I know they're really slow now with the housing slowdown so there's going to be lots more clearance items in the near future.

Comment

Working...
            X