When do the sales happen at HD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the sales happen at HD?

What time during the year does HD have their tool sales?

other then the typical memorial day, labor day, father's day, thanksgiving, christmas?

any late winter/early spring sales in particular?

thanks
    Deuce

Re: When do the sales happen at HD?

i have noticed that since home depot has a new C.E.O. that the sale really just are not there anymore, i mean yes the sale are there but nothing really special. i think there are a bunch of reasons for that though, new just getting his feet wet till he is comferable with the way the company is running, the economy has been taking a sharp nose dive, and there stock price is following the economy as well just to name a few things.

when the sale do come in there does not seem to be any big ticket items on sale. the last "good" sale was the black friday sale. but things might change by the time fathers day rolls around.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I'm SOOOOOOOO Pissed i didn't pick up that 8 peice kit yesterday for $299, I didn't know!

now it's not there anymore...

any other clearance going on right now?

at least I've found the local has the $99 lithium 18 v compact drill...but i'm planning on getting the 3.0Ah kit now...would have been so nice to have that 8 piece and just buy the 3.0 batts...

Comment

It sucks in Canada as well. No big blow out deals since the MaxSelect buyonegetonefree promo from October.......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Snowblower clearance should be starting in a month

-Chris

Comment

Hot off the skillet

onto your plate:

Home Depot in my area is struggling, bad. Lowe's is the leader and actually hiring more people.

HD is down to a skeleton crew at the highest grossing store in the area and I've never seen so many yellow stickers in my life on items discounted. Then, when you go to the checkout some of the items will price out even lower than the stickered price.....!

I've been there to HD twice in the past week including last night. Empty in a bad sort of way and I know there was only maybe 20 customers in that building at any given time. I'm starting to think that Lowe's had the right idea with staying steady.

They got a system going called "bid table" where a contractor can come in and buy a minimum of $2500 worth of material and get for pennies over cost. An example of this>>>> 3" PVC 90 for 93 cents. Anyone that wants a part of this can really come out smoking on product as those prices beat anything in a supply house right now. If I was in new construction I could really get an advantage with this.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

There's really no rhyme or reason to their sales anymore. The past few years, they blew out certain tools the week after Christmas. This year they didn't. Then out of nowhere comes this fantastic deal on the Ridgid Ultimate 8 piece kit. I read it in the forum at 8 p.m. last night and hauled *** to my closest HD's. I lucked out and got the last two.

The not-so-funny thing about it was that the first Home Depot had none in stock (computer said "0") and the HD tool guys were going nuts about the price and how they wanted one. So I go to the second HD and find none on the shelves or upper racks. I had the special services desk check the computer and they were supposed to have 5 in stock. None to be found, however. So now 3 of their tool guys come out of the woodwork to help look for them. They were also raving about how it was such a good deal and "I gotta get one for myself". I told them that was what I was worried about. 5 in stock, but none on the floor? He told me that the computer was not always correct about their stock. I reminded them that the lady at the service desk told me it was "real-time" inventory. I could see them being one or two off, but certainly not 5.

Then, as if by magic, here comes a cart with two of the kits on it. The guy tells me, "congratulations, you got the last two". I thought is was funny that my buddy and I went in there to buy these things and they could only come up with 1 for each of us when there was supposed to be 5. We wanted to buy more to help out others who couldn't get in on the deal. It just makes me wonder if the HD employees were hiding them for themselves. I am probably wrong, but it sure looked suspicious.
              Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Tell me about it. They really seemed to have cinched up a lot. I have been shopping for 2500 in tools. I have 3 HD within 20 miles of me. Not one of the managers will offer me the 10 percent discount. When I didnt want to spend all this money they used to throw discounts at me. Well it certainly has changed, and just leaves me feeling Grim.

Comment

You know, I think things would be much better if they just started setting their prices more accordingly. All of us know that you just basically need to ask nicely, and you get a 10% discount. Why not just mark the tools down to a reasonable price to begin with? Also, the price difference from Canadian to U.S. HD's are ungodly. Now, I understand that there are some things in there that were shipped and paid for to Canadian HD's when our dollar was only at 66 cents, so that money would still need to be made back, thus some higher prices. But when it's new things like this "Ultimate" 8 piece kit, and there's only about 2 or 3 cents difference to our dollars, why is this set so freakin' high here??!?!? ($699 at Canadian HD's, I believe, and normally $400-something at U.S. HD's, now $299).

Unfricken believable.

Comment

man this is nuts...

i've been looking at that TS3650 and the 18volt lithium 3.0 kit...i think i'll just buy it at the end of March so i'll be covered if the price goes down during memorial day and fathers day...

i'm still a little bitter about that 8 piece kit i really missed out on this one...

Comment

I'm settled on purchasing the Ridgid TS2400 LS over the equivalent Bosch portable table saw. HD has apparently lowered their price on the Bosch to clear them out but the Ridgid still has the normal price. What's the lowest price these have come down to? I can wait but prefer not for long.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                        man this is nuts...

i've been looking at that TS3650 and the 18volt lithium 3.0 kit...i think i'll just buy it at the end of March so i'll be covered if the price goes down during memorial day and fathers day...

i'm still a little bitter about that 8 piece kit i really missed out on this one...
                        Go to customer service and have them check other stores in your area. If one has it purchase it with a card and ask them to ship it to your store. They have done it for me in the past.
                        PS....Not to rub it in, however I wasn't aware of the 8 piece kit. I went to my local store to take advantage of the $47 price for the 9.6. Walked in the front door where they always have a chalk board with the current hot deals.
                        There it was "Ridgid 8 piece combo set-$299"!! My trick knee started to twitch, beads of perspiration broke out on my forhead, my mouth got so dry I could barely squeek out a "where are they"?
                        Actually I only need the 9.6 and possibly the power caulk gun, so the rest will probably end up on Ebay. If anyone's interested in any items before I put them up, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by beeser View Post
                          I'm settled on purchasing the Ridgid TS2400 LS over the equivalent Bosch portable table saw. HD has apparently lowered their price on the Bosch to clear them out but the Ridgid still has the normal price. What's the lowest price these have come down to? I can wait but prefer not for long.
                          They had a great $299 price on Black Friday. I don't believe there's any way of knowing when they will be on sale again.
                          Good luck...Ray

Comment

Since the only 8 piece I know is a bucket of chicken...

anyone got pics of this set for sale? link?
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

YESSSSS YESSSS YESSSS OH GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! (a little over reaction but i'm only 26, so i'm sure you "more experienced" folks can understand)

calm down, ok, i'm cool, calm...

anyways, i SCORED!!

i called HD this morning at 7 at work seeing if there was any 8 piece left...I recall seeing a set left this monday when I visited...I asked for price and availability, the lady told me $299 but none left in stock...i was heart broken...

i decided to go over there for the hell of it after work, and there before my very eyes! ONE SET LEFT! i obviously grabbed a cart and claimed it...

the kicker: i had a 10% lowes movers coupon with me and they lady honored it...$270+tax!!! WHOO HOO!

that made my day...

i'm still jealous you guys got that deal on that TS2400...i guess no one will truely ever be happy enough

I think i'm just going to wait for a 18volt 3.0Ah drill kit for $269 or whatever and use my 20% HD coupon for that and my TS3650...

today has been a good day

Comment

Working...
                              X