X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh, Probrand - Updates Coming??

Just noticed something with the webpage. Under the Battery Powered Tools section on the Ridgid webpage, in the area for the MaxSelect Dual Voltage tools, the MaxSelect Starter kit is no longer listed on there. Also, in the Battery Powered Combo Kits section, there are no kits shown on there at all. (Both as of the time of this posting). This would sort of explain why the MaxSelect Starter kits and the Ultimate 8-piece kits have both been on massive clearance the last little bit.

Josh, Probrand? What's up, fellas? New stuff coming down the pipe?

Throw us a bone, baby!

Re: Josh, Probrand - Updates Coming??

They show up on the "Revision Archive" page. I wonder what the 24v MaxSelect starter kit is getting replaced with. The 18v NiCd kits seem to all be getting replaced with the Lith-Ion versions. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I'll have to let probrand answer this one. Im not sure what the plans are.

Comment

I'm just finishing building my own ultimate tool set. I hope things aren't changing too much. I like how everything's interoperability is so easy, with the different batteries, and the MaxSelect tools especially.

Comment

Maybe we could get an update on the TS3660 too....and the radio....and....

Comment

We have 3660 in the store. They are virtually identical except that the box contains the rails. With 3650 you had 2 separate boxes. Now the 3660 is even harder to move around with that extra length to the box and it weighing 324 pounds (packaged)

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
              We have 3660 in the store. They are virtually identical except that the box contains the rails. With 3650 you had 2 separate boxes. Now the 3660 is even harder to move around with that extra length to the box and it weighing 324 pounds (packaged)
              So are the front and rear rails each in two pieces or is the box that much longer? If I remember correctly the box for the rails was much longer than the roughly square box that the saw itself is packed in. There was nothing wrong with the way the tool was packaged, it was probably one of the best packing jobs I've seen for a power tool of this type and size. This would certainly seem to make it even harder to transport for someone w/o a SUV or PU truck readily available.

What they needed was to get the jump on everyone else and include a riving knife on the 3660 (which will soon be REQUIRED by Underwriters Labs here in the USA for ALL table saws), and better dust collection by designing a effective enclosure (hybrid cabinet design maybe?) and offering a 4" dust port. If they added a overarm blade guard with dust collection then they would have the under $650 market sown up. Yes, I am saying that I believe RIDGID would need to raise the price a bit to include these features, but this would then be a top notch TS untouchable by anything in its price range.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I didnt go inside the box, but it is longer by enough where the rails should be one piece. However when I held up the rail box from a 3650 it was about 3 inches shorter than the 3660 box. I dont know how much packing was around the 3650 rails though.

Others have noticed other changes in the cabinet design also with 3660

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                  I didnt go inside the box, but it is longer by enough where the rails should be one piece. However when I held up the rail box from a 3650 it was about 3 inches shorter than the 3660 box. I dont know how much packing was around the 3650 rails though.

Others have noticed other changes in the cabinet design also with 3660
                  I visited on 2-4-08 with a Ridgid Customer Service Representative regarding changes from the TS3650 to the TS3660.

After much weeping and gnashing of teeth, she told me not much had changed, other than updating the screws on the front rail (thus requiring the model number change), some minor cosmetics, and that "the table had been sturdied up a bit" but could not elaborate other than to say it was in the legs.

She assured me there was nothing substantive different.

Comment

man how much longer is it going to take for all HD's to get the 3660?

i'm waiting for that or the 3650 to go on clearance

i think it's almost a month since someone else has seen the 3660 or 18v 3.0Ah batts and i haven't yet

Comment

Working...
                    X