X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid ultimate combo kit

anyone interested in the above, the new rochelle, ny HD hadf 12 on the floor in plastic wrapping for $299 as of 9p.m. friday, 1/25/08.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: ridgid ultimate combo kit

daym bro that is super temping...

i just picked up the last set at my HD on thursday for $270 with my 10% coupon...

anyone who hasn't gotten a set yet, get it, its a steal!!! i feel like a thief

now i'm going to try to hunt for a 5 piece set that's on clearance for $269...use my 10% coupon and my $250 gift card that i bought for $225 and it'll be like i bought a $500 5 piece kit for $225

i'm SUCH a sucker for deals...damm

Comment

I also found 1 and opened a commercial acct. so it is $199 +tx!
      I am not sure if the 24v batt fit all the tools , some of the #'s are the same. Any info on that? I was going to buy 2 24v kits for $89 each since the 18v 3aH are $99 and no charger. The 2 pk of 1.5 aH are $89 and will chg I think w. the Ultimate kit's chgr.
      Any help would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        I also found 1 and opened a commercial acct. so it is $199 +tx!
        I am not sure if the 24v batt fit all the tools , some of the #'s are the same. Any info on that? I was going to buy 2 24v kits for $89 each since the 18v 3aH are $99 and no charger. The 2 pk of 1.5 aH are $89 and will chg I think w. the Ultimate kit's chgr.
        Any help would be nice.
        The 18V LI batts will ONLY safely charge on an 18V LI charger. The charger that comes with the 8 piece super set is NOT approved for charging the 18V LI. Check the data plate on the charger for approved batts.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          The 18V LI batts will ONLY safely charge on an 18V LI charger. The charger that comes with the 8 piece super set is NOT approved for charging the 18V LI. Check the data plate on the charger for approved batts.
          "The charger is the combo NiCad/LiIon, so that is a plus"

That quote is from another buyer of the 8pc kit. It can only charge the 18v 1.5A Li not the new 3.0A one. The 18v charger has a Li charger ID on it.

Comment

The charger that is packaged with the 8 piece combo specifically shows as being for Lithium Ion and NiCad batteries. It's the same charger packaged with the 18 V Compact Drill. I've read from some of the other threads that this package is a "rehash" of old stuff that Ridgid is cleaning out of some unsold inventory, but when you buy one and look at what's being offered, you'll see differently. It's a well packaged kit that contains some of their proven performers that will be enhanced with the release of the 18 volt lithium ion batteries. The serial number shows, on the kit that I have, that it was made in the 37th week of 2007 - definitely up to date and all of the tools in the kit have the same serial number. Smart on Ridgid's part because they don't have to worry about warranty or LSA on sets broken and sold to different individuals as there can only be one original purchaser - probably the reason for the shrink wrap to keep the sets from getting broken up. Great combo and definitely worth the money spent even with the 2 x 1.9 Ah 18 V batteries that come with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
              The charger that is packaged with the 8 piece combo specifically shows as being for Lithium Ion and NiCad batteries. It's the same charger packaged with the 18 V Compact Drill. It's a well packaged kit that contains some of their proven performers that will be enhanced with the release of the 18 volt lithium ion batteries. Great combo and definitely worth the money spent even with the 2 x 1.9 Ah 18 V batteries that come with it.

The charger that came with the set I bought, says that it will do both Ni-Cad and Li-Ion, in these voltages 9.6 volt, 12 volt, 14.4 volt, & 18 volt batteries(I think thats all of them), and I use it for both Ni-Cad & Li-Ion batteries, no problem. It takes about 20 minutes for the 9.6 volt, and about 30 to 35 minutes for the 18 volt Ni-Cads to charge from empty (about 30 minutes for the 18 volt Li-Ion 1.5ah to charge, from empty)

Comment

My apologies to any one who were lead astray by my statement. Without checking I had assumed the charger was the same that had been shipped with previous NiCad sets. Well, thats the beauty of the self correcting nature of this site. Lazy old fools get corrected......

Comment

Originally posted by spintyer View Post
                  The charger that came with the set I bought, says that it will do both Ni-Cad and Li-Ion,
                  Thanks for posting this clarification.

I have the 8-piece set, and kept the charger in an area with insufficient light and as a result I didn't see that it was Li-Ion compatible. I'm sure I would have noticed that I could/can use it with my Li-Ion batteries eventually, but your post motivated me to take a closer look.

Thanks, also, to Ridgid for having the foresight to include that charger in a non-Li-Ion set. Generous.

Comment

Working...
                  X