Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!24v batt kit ,18v 1.5aH x2, 18v 3aH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!24v batt kit ,18v 1.5aH x2, 18v 3aH?

I bought the Ultimate kit. I need more batteries. The choices are all about $90. The 18v tools , saws and drill can take the 24v batt I think. I would also have to buy another chgr. for the 18v 3aH so I think the 24v kit is better for the same price as long as the battery is not a defect.
    I am going this morning to pickup the kit and have a coupon so any quick help would be nice.

Re: Help!24v batt kit ,18v 1.5aH x2, 18v 3aH?

I tried the 24volt batteries with the ultimate kit on display at my local HD - the 24 volt did not fit. I believe this is because the tools are old stock with the old battery connectors, made before the 24 volt batteries came out. I would say you're gonna have to stick with 18 volt batteries. Regardless of whether they are old tools though, still a wicked deal even if you throw in some extra batteries. I'd look for a clear out deal on the early 18 lithium rather than the newer ones - who cares if they don't run as long considering they are only back ups/extras.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

OK thanks, strange that the circ saw has the same model # in the 24v . I will go with the 2pk of 18v LI 1.5A so the included Kit charger will work,. Is that correct?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that will work - I think the 18 volt and under will work on that charger. Give it a try at home - you can always return them to the HD..........
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Thank You for the reply

Comment

i'm waiting to buy a 18volt 3.0Ah drill kit with the drill and 2 3.0Ah batts and charger to go along with my 8 piece kit...

i was told by ridgid that the 3.0Ah 18volt will work with the 8 piece kit...

Comment

This is really not thought out well by Ridgid. You have 4 chargers 1] that does Ni-Cad only,2] Ni cad and V 1.5A Li, 3] 18V 3.0 and ? else, and 4]24vLi only. Not to mention all the different NiCad versions.
              Tools that can run on 24v and 18v and some 18v only. No real listings anywhere that are complete,HD people who are also not sure, this is the worst example of product info I have ever seen. I am ready to forget the whole thing and stick with my older tools. I was a critic when OWT took over, only bought a 12v kit with a free angle impact (because no one else made one)and it seems I maybe right to not get into this confusion with their cordless tools. They can get the Ryobi 1+ lineup to be complete at least.
              The ebay "sellers" also seem to have more than the HD stores. How does that happen,theft, hording clearance kits and selling the parts off ? Why would one buy tools that have a history of service and quality control issues with no warranty from these unauthorized people?
              Last edited by Andrew M.; 01-26-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                This is really not thought out well by Ridgid. You have 4 chargers 1] that does Ni-Cad only,2] Ni cad and V 1.5A Li, 3] 18V 3.0 and ? else, and 4]24vLi only. Not to mention all the different NiCad versions.
                Tools that can run on 24v and 18v and some 18v only. No real listings anywhere that are complete,HD people who are also not sure, this is the worst example of product info I have ever seen. I am ready to forget the whole thing and stick with my older tools. I was a critic when OWT took over, only bought a 12v kit with a free angle impact (because no one else made one)and it seems I maybe right to not get into this confusion with their cordless tools. They can get the Ryobi 1+ lineup to be complete at least.
                The ebay "sellers" also seem to have more than the HD stores. How does that happen,theft, hording clearance kits and selling the parts off ? Why would one buy tools that have a history of service and quality control issues with no warranty from these unauthorized people?
                I not sure but the R840091 does just about everything 18 volt & down in Ni-Cad and Li-Ion.

Comment

Yes, the chargers that come with the 18 volt compact lithium ion drill will charge both battery chemistries (NiCad and Lithium Ion), for 18 volt on down. Then, there is only the need for the 24 volt XLI charger if you have the 24 volt lithium ion batteries.

And yes, the 24 volt batteries WILL fit with certain tools in this 8 piece ultimate kit. The circular saw is a MaxSelect tool, as well as the caulking gun, I believe. Look on the tool's data plate, and it will show whether it works with 18 volt only, or both 18 and 24 volt. (there is actually no difference in the connectors - the difference is in the locking tabs where the battery locks onto the tool - a MaxSelect tool has two sets of locking notches).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                    On the chargers I'm not sure what your issue is? Every charger has the model numbers for all the batteries that can be safely charged on it listed on the data plate. All of the current crop of NiCad chargers and the 18V LI charger can charge all of the various NiCad batts including the 9.6V, 12V, 14.4V and 18V. One only has to be cautious with where they charge the 18V LI batts. The 24V LI charger is a beast unto it's own. If in doubt check the data plate on the charger. It always lists the model numbers of the batts it will safely charge.
                    With the recent introduction of several models of LI batteries I would suggest that Ridgid is doing no worse than and maybe better than the competition with regards to integrating the various batteries and chargers. That is pure SWAG on my part as I haven't taken the time to confirm that supposition.

Comment

Working...
                    X