HELP!! Can't adhere disc to my Orbit Sander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP!! Can't adhere disc to my Orbit Sander

On the Canadian note, my Canadian friends are nice, friendly and polite but all of them are on this side of the border. Holding a grudge against a particular country has nothing to do with race it has to do with nationality. To the Californian: you obviously thought something was the matter up north cause you ended up with a good old American girl in California.

Comment

Originally posted by ctweyand View Post
      On the Canadian note, my Canadian friends are nice, friendly and polite but all of them are on this side of the border. Holding a grudge against a particular country has nothing to do with race it has to do with nationality. To the Californian: you obviously thought something was the matter up north cause you ended up with a good old American girl in California.
      I was joking about the "racist" thing. And the velcro thing. And the taking an Americans job thing too. The Canada vs America is a joke to me as well. I know you were just giving it back to Tinmack with some of thew little information you had on him from his profile. I Am glad that you got your problem fixed.

I'm already in enough trouble for being a California liberal around here, now that I've let my nationality out of the bag I'm dooooomed!

Eli
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

ctwayand,

I'm glad you've resolved the problem with the sander. I've got the same sander and it has worked well for the last four years. Let the weight of the sander do the job, as bearing down and adding more pressure only strain the motor and it overly heats the pad; possibly to the point where the velcro "hook & loop" fibers can actually soften, thus loosing their ability of hold.

Your description sounds like this happened with the previous owner and they returned it, without saying anything about it. Home Depot should not be putting these returned tools back on the shelves as "new" products.

I hope the negativity that greeted your question does not deter you from the forum. Overall, the forum membership is quite friendly and responsive to such questions. I suppose we all have a bad day on occasion, and perhaps overlook how our attempt at humor can often fall flat. Likewise, a reactive slap by labeling a perceived group isn't particularly conducive to friendship either. Hopefully everyone will recover.

CWS

CWS

Comment

CWSmith,

I believe you to be the same CWS that resepctfully provided insight and help to those that had questions over on the Ryobi forum. I must say that your stepping into this thread to cool things and provide a valued response to a junior member is right in line with what I observed of you over those years of following the Ryobi forum. I must say that this forum as a whole owes you thanks and to those like you that provide much insight and stability to Ridgid's free offering for our use.

Comment

Spinalzo,

Thanks for the very kind words. Yes, I'm a participant of the Ryobi forum as I have a number of Ryobi tools (as well as Ridgid) and with rare exception have found them to be a good fit for me. Certainly I'm a critic too, but more of their marketing, which I think does not live up to what the tools deserve.

As far as being "owed", it's the many forum members and their contributions that makes me feel privileged to be just another member. Believe me, I think I take away far more knowledge than my meager offerings can pay back. It is nice to see an occasional recognition for someone's post, and of course if it happens to be my post, then it's especially appreciated.

Thanks!

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X