X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8pc ultimate kit model numbers

Just purchased the 8pc ultimate kit. I was in the process of registering the tools. I chose the model kit number R9228. When I started inputting serial numbers I noticed the model numbers didn't match. The model numbers on the web site end with a "B". The jigsaw is R8433 that number isn't listed. They did have a R843, wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    Thanks.

Re: 8pc ultimate kit model numbers

I had a similar experience when I was registering a special promotion and when I registered this one, it took it with no problem. I didn't have to individually register each tool, you register the "kit" as the tools that I have all have the same serial number on them. It's one of the reasons I think that the kit comes shrink wrapped in plastic as it does because it's more of one unit than individual tools. Look at your serial numbers and they'll be the same on each piece. Ridgid has gotten smart this time because there can only be one original purchaser for the whole set. If the 8 individual tools are sold off they can't be individually registered by 8 different people and as individual tools there is no warranty - the kit itself has the warranty under one assigned serial number. Realizing that, I sold my old duplicates to my buddy instead of trying to sell the new ones indivudually.

Comment

Re: 8pc ultimate kit model numbers

I have all the same serial numbers except the jigsaw, the last 5 digits are different than the rest of the tools in the set. I'll call customer service and find out what they suggest.

Comment

Working...
      X