Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18V Battery Compatibility

Hi,
    I'm new here so, forgive me if this is "common knowledge" but,
    is there a list or posting of Ridgid battery operated tool compatibility for the various batteries available? For instance, can I use my 18V Li-Ion battery pack on an older drill motor that is set up for a 18V NiCad...for instance?

Thanks in Advance!
    GWS

Re: Ridgid 18V Battery Compatibility

Originally posted by irgski View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here so, forgive me if this is "common knowledge" but,
    is there a list or posting of Ridgid battery operated tool compatibility for the various batteries available? For instance, can I use my 18V Li-Ion battery pack on an older drill motor that is set up for a 18V NiCad...for instance?

Thanks in Advance!
    GWS
    Short answer yes, but don't charge it on your Ni-Cad charger. Basically if it's the same voltage, and fits, you can use it, except when charging the battery, make sure you use the right charger for the right battery.

Comment

No, there is no list per say.

And yes, you can use that battery on that drill. The quick/easy/simple answer is - if the battery is the same voltage as the tool, it can be used on that Ridgid tool. It doesn't matter what the battery chemistry is. Similar to using power in your home - it doesn't matter if it is hydro-electric power or nuclear power - if it's the right voltage, it works.

And like Spintyer said, the only big thing you need to worry about with a lithium battery is that it is charged on a lithium battery charger.
      Last edited by canucksartech; 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post

And like Splintyer said, the only big thing you need to worry about with a lithium battery is that it is charged on a lithium battery charger.
        It's actually spintyer, or I guess Dave would do for a short form, but it's not a big deal to me. (fyi spintyer is what I called my "fly tying vice"[used for fishing], that I designed and manufacture, it just seemed like a good name to use on the net.)

Comment

Sorry Spintyer. Duly noted and corrected. The eye sees what it wants to sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X