Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's True! It's True! $99

thanks guys, that clarifies it...

ray, i must have rushed through your first post about doing the LTSA then selling things u don't want on ebay...i re-read it and it makes sense...

thanks to both of u...

Comment

Originally posted by jayrocka1200 View Post
      hmmm I was always under the impression that I had to bring back the whole kit. If one of the batteries dies I have to bring in the whole kit rather than just the battery so the techs who look at it can check the drill to make sure that it's not the drill or whatever power tool it may be. I know sometimes the power tool itself can cause a battery to short circuit or not work correctly so the policy at my store has always been to have the customer to return at least one tool along with the battery so the tool can be tested with the battery in it. Maybe I am misinformed but this is how we do it. It would actually be nice to be able to bring just the battery in and send that out but in my opinion it's safer to send out the battery with a tool. This has been the way we do this for a while as sometimes the battery is not shot so why not just send it in with the tool to get diagnosed.....after all it's the ltsa and it's free for the most part !
      Yes, understood, but if I have a battery that doesn't charge or work on my drill, and my other battery charges fine and works on my drill fine, then presumably it's the first battery that's pooched. Also, it is not a "requirement" for LLSA service/replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrocka1200 View Post
        hmmm I was always under the impression that I had to bring back the whole kit. If one of the batteries dies I have to bring in the whole kit rather than just the battery so the techs who look at it can check the drill to make sure that it's not the drill or whatever power tool it may be. I know sometimes the power tool itself can cause a battery to short circuit or not work correctly so the policy at my store has always been to have the customer to return at least one tool along with the battery so the tool can be tested with the battery in it. Maybe I am misinformed but this is how we do it. It would actually be nice to be able to bring just the battery in and send that out but in my opinion it's safer to send out the battery with a tool. This has been the way we do this for a while as sometimes the battery is not shot so why not just send it in with the tool to get diagnosed.....after all it's the ltsa and it's free for the most part !
        Wow....This kind of disinformation from a Home Depot employee that causes confusion, frustration and anger from Home Depot customers.
        Jay, there are three time periods in the relationship between Ridgid and it's tool buyers from Home Depot.

1-First 90 days after purchase: This is the 90 day satisfaction guarantee policy period. During this period (and by the way this is the only time when a customer is instructed by Ridgid to return the tool to Home Depot.) if for any reason one is unsatisfied with a Ridgid tool they may return it to Home Depot for replacement or refund. If one is having a problem with one item in a set (ie: a battery-the policy I have experianced many times is HD must replace the entire set. The reason as explained to me by a Ridgid rep is that Home Depot has no service center and no way of determining if the problem is the battery or the tool or if the problem battery has caused damage to the tool. Ridgid wants the entire set sent back to them for analysis. Home Depot stores that simply replace a problem item are doing a diservice to everyone. I used to complain about that policy, however now I see the light.

2-Period from 90 days after purchase to three(3) years-Officialy policy is do not take a problem tool back to Home Depot for repair. During this period of time the customer is instructed to take a problem tool to an official Service Center or return it to Ridgid for repair. Information regarding both is found by going to the top of this page and clicking on the "support" button or following the instructions in the user manual. This forum is full of threads started and continued by customers who tried to return a tool to an HD store for repair and became frustrated, angry and disillusioned in the process. Home Depot is no more of a repair or drop off center for Ridgid than they are for Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, et all.
        Now with that said I will tell you a little secret known only to several hundred thousand people. If after the 90 day period a tool fails many people will package it up and take it to the Return window at their local Home Depot and explain that although it is a great tool, alas it has failed and could we please get it replaced. Over the years..I..er..um..many have never failed to get the tool replaced. The HD person has always said, yep, leave it here and go get a new one and I'll do the exchange.

3-Limited Lifetime Service Agreement-The official Ridgid policy is that after the first three years the tool is covered under the famous LLSA for the rest of its life...or yours whichever comes first. If any Ridgid tool covered under this policy fails due to blah, blah, blah but not abuse Ridgid will fix or repalce it. This even includes the BATTERIES which we all love so much and which causes continuing fighting, anger, despair and bad customer relations over something which is a good thing. the directions are explicit. The proceedure is the same as for the three(3) year warranty....Take the damn thing to a Ridgid authorized servvice center or send it back to the appropriate dept at Ridgid. DO NOT return the batteries to a Home Depot store expecting them to replace them. It will only cause you and Home Depot enough heartache and sorrow for a passel of country songs.

Jay-I hope this doesn't embarass you to much. I would guess you have never been trained and are ignorant about this procedure. Many of us have been witnessing the mayhem which is thrown at this Forum by ignorant people who have been mislead by poorly trained HD personnel. In many ways HD is a victem of their excellent customer service. Many of us have become so accustomed to HD holding our hands and taking care of every problem(many if the truth be told not caused by HD) that when we are told they actually won't do something people become silly.
        See below for a partial printout of this policy downloaded from the Home Depot web site. I have also included the address here for those who want tt practice their lawyer contrat reading skills.

Jay-I suggest you print this stuff out and share it with your manager and other HD personnel....Ray
        http://contractorservices.homedepot....e-022ae907e9de

Sorry....This forum secret service just informed me that the original missive with the promised printout of most of the policy, makes the message to long.
        Soooooooooo the lazy ones can take my word, for the doubting among you click on the above and happy reading...Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          Wow....This kind of disinformation from a Home Depot employee that causes confusion, frustration and anger from Home Depot customers...

...Jay-I hope this doesn't embarass you to much. I would guess you have never been trained and are ignorant about this procedure...

..Jay-I suggest you print this stuff out and share it with your manager and other HD personnel....Ray
          Ray, down boy. Don't hammer on the guy too much.

Jay, don't take offense to Ray. Sometimes we let him off the leash, and he runs wild on us.

Jay, it's just that we get upset when we see someone, especially an orange apron on here (yes, there are some good and great ones on here too), say something off-the-cuff that is obviously and blatently wrong, but risking those that don't know any better taking it for gold since it's coming from someone from HD. Especially an "HD Manager". Disinformation is killer, and most of us have got bit from it before, either through a Ridgid tools issue or a HD issue (would we be on here for anything but that?). Please don't take it personally - the beheadings only start after strike three.

Comment

Hey that's fine, I've actually been with Depot for a little over 2 years and I was with another mom and pop about 7 years before that where we didn't have to deal with lifetime warrantees and such. I appreciate your input and believe that I may have confused the simple return policy with the ridgid policy. The return policy would state that we have to return the entire kit and not just swap out a piece for a piece. I fully understand the Ridgid lifetime policy and have read it many times....Sorry for the confusion, I am the manager and deal with these issues everyday so I made a little mistake. And for the record, all the time I've been a manager I think Ive dealt with lifetime warrantee issues once maybe twice so I guess that goes to show that the Ridgid tools are quality and that my rustiness on the policy maybe justified due to lack of experience (which is a good thing !) thanks..

Comment

Duly noted, and granted.

Comment

All the info and replies make pretty good sense. Anyway, I bought mine for $99 and got one for a friend that needed a drill. What a god deal.
                Justin Murray - BMWCCA #364056 - WTB E12 Parts Thread
                1994 BMW 530iA - 1981 BMW 528i5 - 2001 Nissan Altima

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the $99 drill special. I searched two local HD in my area and found 3 kits on a shelf on 2/9/2008. I bought two drills to get two battery versatility

Comment

Working...
                  X