X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's True! It's True! $99

I had read on this forum that HD had Ridgid 18V Lithium Ion drills on sale for $99 instead of $189. The only drill I have for work is of no use any more, so I was interested in getting one of these. I rushed down to HD and found nothing less than $200. That was weeks ago. Today (after about 20 hours of overtime in this cold weather) I was determined! The only thing they had on display was the $189 18V Li kit with two batteries. I just couldn't bring myself to do that, but I had decided to buy the $149 hammer drill and looked down below for a box so that I could pick it up. Down under the displays, practically hidden was the 18V LI drill with one battery for only $$99.

I'm happy now!
    It even has a light!
    This may seem like a silly "consumer" feature, but It's always dark where I'm working, so anything with a light or a laser makes me a happy man.

Of course this HD trip was on the way to a service call on a nasty oil furnace, and I got to use the drill.
    Purchase justified already

Re: It's True! It's True! $99

You probably got one of the last of these packages around. They were sold for Christmas time and once they are gone theyre gone. It is the same drill and chrager as the 189 kit but with one battery. Not a big deal really (for me) the Li Ion batteries last so long anyway. I have the 2 battery kit, but wish I had seen the 99 kit first, I wouldve taken 2

Comment

Hello
      I was at one of our local HD's and they still had 4 of these on the shelf for 99.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
        You probably got one of the last of these packages around. They were sold for Christmas time and once they are gone theyre gone. It is the same drill and chrager as the 189 kit but with one battery. Not a big deal really (for me) the Li Ion batteries last so long anyway. I have the 2 battery kit, but wish I had seen the 99 kit first, I wouldve taken 2
        me too but i paid 179

Comment

Originally posted by Kneescar View Post
          I had read on this forum that HD had Ridgid 18V Lithium Ion drills on sale for $99 instead of $189. The only drill I have for work is of no use any more, so I was interested in getting one of these. I rushed down to HD and found nothing less than $200. That was weeks ago. Today (after about 20 hours of overtime in this cold weather) I was determined! The only thing they had on display was the $189 18V Li kit with two batteries. I just couldn't bring myself to do that, but I had decided to buy the $149 hammer drill and looked down below for a box so that I could pick it up. Down under the displays, practically hidden was the 18V LI drill with one battery for only $$99.

I'm happy now!
          It even has a light!
          This may seem like a silly "consumer" feature, but It's always dark where I'm working, so anything with a light or a laser makes me a happy man.

Of course this HD trip was on the way to a service call on a nasty oil furnace, and I got to use the drill.
          Purchase justified already
          These are all over the place in DFW. Just do a remote SKU lookup.
          I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Still tons of them around here. I counted approximately 15 in the overhead stock at the store I picked mine up from.

Comment

Get them while you can. I looked them up, they cost the store $98 and are inactive SKUs now

Comment

I bought the one for 179.00 because then the 2 batteries are both covered under the ltsa. It was worth it for me. If you bought 2 kits, the second battery would not be covered assuming you sold the rest of the stuff in the kit (drill, charger). When you go to receive service on the ltsa all original parts must be included which means all date codes must match up so the 2nd battery would not be covered, but you would have that 2nd battery for cheap or free.....I chose the ltsa for 80 bucks more and a covered battery...

Comment

Originally posted by jayrocka1200 View Post
                  I bought the one for 179.00 because then the 2 batteries are both covered under the ltsa. It was worth it for me. If you bought 2 kits, the second battery would not be covered assuming you sold the rest of the stuff in the kit (drill, charger). When you go to receive service on the ltsa all original parts must be included which means all date codes must match up so the 2nd battery would not be covered, but you would have that 2nd battery for cheap or free.....I chose the ltsa for 80 bucks more and a covered battery...
                  are you serious? ALL parts must be included?

but even still, i'd rather buy two drills for $198, now a days, the drill with 2 batts is $189 already...

hell, keep both drills, you'd never know if you have a buddy working on something with you and that extra drill can be handy, get 2x the work done in the same time...

Comment

pardon my ignorance but can someone confirm that?

EVERYTHING has to be included when returning a package or kit for LTSA?
                    Last edited by DeuceLee; 01-29-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                      pardon my ignorance but can someone confirm that?

EVERYTHING has to be included when returning a package or kit for LTSA?
                      The only person who can register for the LSA is the original purchaser who has the receipt. I always register the entire set and then sell the items I don't want on Ebay. That way I can make the deal I want with the Ebay purchaser but I have the LSA on all tools that I want to keep.

Comment

i already got that ray, but what i'm wondering is say you buy the 8 piece kit, then sell off the 9.6 impact but keep everything else, does that mean you've screwed up and no longer have the LTSA?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                          i already got that ray, but what i'm wondering is say you buy the 8 piece kit, then sell off the 9.6 impact but keep everything else, does that mean you've screwed up and no longer have the LTSA?
                          Deuce.....Once you register the stuff for the LSA, it is yours for each item regardless of if you sell an item, give it to your brother in law, or your wife gives it away the next time you come home to late. You bought it, you have the receipt for it, you registered it, you have it documented on your Ebox site under your number. The SLA is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrocka1200 View Post
                            Uhhhh....no. Deuce, you're fine. Jay, all you need to do if you bought 2 kits is register the 2nd battery using the receipt and UPC. All it means is that whoever buys the other stuff from you, is ineligible for the LLSA. There is no stipulation on service like what you are saying. Sounds like a HD pitch to me.

Almost as good as what I was told by a new clerk at a Michigan HD this past weekend: I bought the last 2 of these $99 kits that they had left. Tried to get the extra 10% off, because I had just purchased a bunch of other stuff from this same guy a week or two before. He (and then his hardware manager) told me no, because these are not a clearance item. ***Excuse me??!*** Firstly, I clarified with them they they do have the capability to give 10% off on items that are regular price items, not just clearance items. ("Well, sort of," they said). Then, I tried to inform them that these kits were a Christmas promo, and no longer available - what's left is what's left. Oh no, I was told - they can special order more in if I'd like, it's a continuing item. It's just a special request that they have to make if customer's want the single battery kit versus the dual battery kit. I explained to them that I was fully aware that this wasn't the case, but they wouldn't hear any of it. Just to prove my point, that I wasn't daydreaming, I asked both the apron and the manager (who I hadn't smacked yet) about how I go about receiving any battery exchanges during the LLSA. "Oh," I was told, "you just bring your battery back in here to us, and we will simply switch you a new one."

I tell you, HD needs to implement a training regimen for it's employees, to teach them what is right and wrong, what can and can't be said, and simply...when to just simply say, "I'm not sure, let me go find out for you." But, I guess as the saying goes, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull's-pooh. Freakin' HD.

Comment

hmmm I was always under the impression that I had to bring back the whole kit. If one of the batteries dies I have to bring in the whole kit rather than just the battery so the techs who look at it can check the drill to make sure that it's not the drill or whatever power tool it may be. I know sometimes the power tool itself can cause a battery to short circuit or not work correctly so the policy at my store has always been to have the customer to return at least one tool along with the battery so the tool can be tested with the battery in it. Maybe I am misinformed but this is how we do it. It would actually be nice to be able to bring just the battery in and send that out but in my opinion it's safer to send out the battery with a tool. This has been the way we do this for a while as sometimes the battery is not shot so why not just send it in with the tool to get diagnosed.....after all it's the ltsa and it's free for the most part !

Comment

Working...
                              X