X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish to thank the members

I just wanted to thanks to all that helped me decide that I should take back my Ridgid 18v drill. I really didn't give it a chance but after reading about warranty problems with the company I decided to return the item and bought a Craftsman instead. I know that any tool can have problems but having to wait weeks for repair or argue about the warranty was one thing I didn't want. I think this is a great site and will come back often. I also think Rigid is probably a good company because of the fact they let people say what they think good or bad on this site. shup

Re: Wish to thank the members

hummm, ok then, but this is your frist post.............. so who helped you? and how?
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Hmm. Weird!

You're quite welcome though! I think.

Comment

He means he got help by lurking (just reading)

Welcome to the forum shup! Sorry ya didnt decide to stick with RIDGID. You have to realize that for every 1 person who has a problem there are hundreds who dont. Regardless good to have you on.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          He means he got help by lurking (just reading)

Welcome to the forum shup! Sorry ya didnt decide to stick with RIDGID. You have to realize that for every 1 person who has a problem there are hundreds who dont. Regardless good to have you on.

Josh
          for the price and product performance, ridgid is hard to beat...PERIOD! I can assure you there's companies everywhere that has complainers, and there's plenty for craftsman i'm sure...sorry OP, but you're going to be missing out, good day...

Comment

Where were you guys with all your good advice twenty five years ago when I decided to get married? I mean when my wife decided we should get married.

Comment

Don't the Ridgid drills and the Craftsman drill come from the same factory? After the Craftsman warranty expires let us know how their LLSA Program is working for you. Oh yeah, Craftsman doesn't have a LLSA Program do they?
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Don't the Ridgid drills and the Craftsman drill come from the same factory? After the Craftsman warranty expires let us know how their LLSA Program is working for you. Oh yeah, Craftsman doesn't have a LLSA Program do they?

exactly!

after a year, or two, or even whatver, and then it goes bad, oops, you're SOL for the craftsman...

after 4, or 5 or whatever years for the ridgid, say it goes bad, ok sure there may be a hoop or two you may have to hop through, may have to pay $10 for shipping to get to a service center, but if you got the reciept and everything, i'm sure you'll be taken cared off...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Where were you guys with all your good advice twenty five years ago when I decided to get married? I mean when my wife decided we should get married.
                  Only 25, you're just a puppy there franki! Hey Shup, glad you bought the crapsman, we needed another guinny pig!
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    You have to realize that for every 1 person who has a problem there are hundreds who dont.
                    I have many problems, , some caused by Ridgid and some not. But I have more things to thank Ridgid for concerning their products than problems/complaints about them. (surprising, yes, I know).

Sorry you missed out, Shup. You really missed out - this drill is a great tool, all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                      Only 25, you're just a puppy there franki! Hey Shup, glad you bought the crapsman, we needed another guinny pig!
                      Papadan, for a puppy I'm feel'in more like an old dog. All joking aside I'm pretty lucky, just don't want to jinx myself.

Comment

First of all thanks Josh for the welcome. To the rest that want to dump on me or the tool I decided to buy, Wow. I didn't say I thought the tool was bad, nor did I say anything bad about Ridgid tool's. All I said was I didn't want to hassle the warranty. I have a Ridgid shop vac that I have used to clean up all kinds of stuff including a pellet wood stove for 3 years and have never had a problem. If it had broke in the first year I would have simply bought a new one. Maybe not Ridgid but I would have thought about it again. I'm a retired builder and though I still do some odd jobs I don't have a big supply of tools to keep up. The last thing I want is to have a tool in for repair for long periods of time. I have a old Makita 9v, 15 years and still working and a Hitachi 12v I've had for I believe 5 and it still works. The batteries don't hold a charge well so that is why I bought a new drill. My point on the drill motors are this. They last if you take care of them. However the batteries don't. That is why I was going with Ridgid. But not if there was going to be trouble with getting service. For those that want to know the warranty for the Craftsman it is 1year (2 if you buy insurance for $20. which I didn't ) exchanged at the store. The charger is 2 years and the batteries are 1 year exchange. The service center is 12 miles from my house and a new battery is $44.00. I bought the 16v lithium Ion because I didn't like the heavier 20v and didn't think I needed that kind of power for what I did. Sorry about the rant. shup

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you didn't stay with the ridgid tools, though. I have a little craftsman drill, and it's actually been a good drill and lasted a long time. But it in no way compares to higher end drills. Just doesn't have the same power. But, I hope they work out for you.

One thing you should remeber, is that for the most part tool owners only report something when they have a problem. The vast majority of us are very happy with our tools. And it seems like ridgid has improved their service a great deal over the past few years.

Comment

Welcome Shup,

There are some very loyal Ridgid fans here, as you can tell, and there are also (if you been lurking) know there is some good natured Joksters that will jest with you.

So some times just like RIDGID does on this site, they some times get praised and some times they get jab in the ribs, Some of it is justified and some is not.

And jsut as with any manufacture, there are good and better products and every now and then they put out a lemon either in product or service, (for the most part you would never know that by others company's fourms or websites),

Will look forward to hearing what projects your using that Drill on, and how there turning out, even if it is not the correct color, but I think it may work for you, any way, we will forgive you this time,
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have 4 Craftsman "Trophies" screwed to my wall, because the batteries died after 1 year - no warranty covers batteries. I've had my Ridgid Drills now for 4 years, batteries are still good, and they're covered for life. Life is good. Too Bad Shup.

Comment

Working...
                              X