X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R840011 Drill Kit For $99

Okay.....so the latest(it took a long time since the last one) great deal at the neighborhood Canada HD is the Ridgid R840011 drill kit for $99.

Here's the description from the ridgid site: http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...s-12-Drill-Kit

Retails in the US for $189.

So.....if you're looking for some batteries, do you buy on of these kits and keep/sell the drill, or buy two of the one battery lithium compact drill kits($129 here in Canada) then keep/sell the drill(s) and one charger.

Of course, no bag with the lithium kits, yet lighter weight, Nicad batteries are heavy, what about leaving batteries uncharged for long periods....etc. Still gonna cost you a hundred bucks more going the lithium way even if you sell the drills and extra charger, whereas the two battery set you're in money right off the bat..........and you got a bag.....of course maybe you could buy two kits and sell of the parts of the second.........I dunno...
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Re: Ridgid R840011 Drill Kit For $99

Lithium ion batteries are actually better for having them sit around for long periods of storage time.

Also, there are some other sweet deals going on too right now - 14.4 volt impact driver kit for $79, and a twin-pack of VSR drywall screw drivers for $119.

Comment

Re: Ridgid R840011 Drill Kit For $99

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
      Lithium ion batteries are actually better for having them sit around for long periods of storage time.

Also, there are some other sweet deals going on too right now - 14.4 volt impact driver kit for $79, and a twin-pack of VSR drywall screw drivers for $119.
      Yeah, I know about the lithium better for hanging around, which is one of my concerns of having the Nicad batteries, as well as the weight. But then again if you believe in the lifetime warranty that they always push at HD, you should have Nicads for life....

Of course they push that garbage Behr paint as well....stuff is like glue in a can. Was gonna buy the Ralph Lauren and they pushed the Behr...took me three gallons(3 coats) to do a room that only took 1 gallon(2 coats) of Benjamin Moore. I could still see roller strokes after three coats of the Behr!!!

With spring coming, maybe this should be a paint thread.........
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
      X