R1090C vs R1060/50 Blade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1090C vs R1060/50 Blade

I'm new here, so first off: AWESOME BOARD!! I've enjoyed reading even though I don't own a single RIDGID tool. I'm a homeowner and hopeless DIY'er. Most of my power tools are Ryobi, and I've been very satisfied with all of them. But on to my question.

I'm building a deck this spring. I chose to go with Mangaris (Red Balau;an Indonesian Mahogany) for the decking/posts/railing parts. It is almost identical to Ipe. Slighly weaker (still 2x stronger than Redwood), and I'm getting it a 1/3 the cost of Ipe. Mangaris also has a high silica content, so it will eat budget blades for breakfast. I've been reading alot on Rockler, and was looking at getting a Freud blade. Then I stumbled upon the RIDGID blades on one of my weekly price scout visits to HD. Everything I've read places them even with the Frued blades, plus I won't have to pay for shipping. The 60 and 50 tooth blades are also much cheaper. I'll be doing mostly crosscuts, but will be doing some ripping for the fascia and seams.

So, would you guys recommend any of these blades for this type of wood?

Also, should I go with the R1090C and carefully cut the rips, hoping it doesn't burn; or would the R1060C Finish or the R1050C Combo blade be better?

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Re: R1090C vs R1060/50 Blade

I do believe the Ridgid blades are made by Freud. At least the circular saw blades are. But I think the bigger ones are too. Someone correct me if that's wrong.

Comment

I've read that a couple of places, but don't know for sure...

Oh, and the boards are 1x6. Forgot to put that in the orig post...

Comment

I think a 60 tooth finish blade, with slow and soft downward pressure when cutting, would be best.

Bosch make the best blades around for just about everything, IMO. I use them for all my jigsaw and recip blades. I wish they had that new blue circular saw blade in a smaller 6 1/2" size, so I could use it on my MaxSelect circular saw.

Comment

ridgid blades are made by freud. they are good blades either way

Comment

Thanks, Tu. Thought so.

Comment

Working...
            X