X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Use for Cordless reciprocal saw/sawzall

Maybe it's just me...but controlling a sawzall is difficult. For delicate work where the cut will be seen, I'll find ANY other way to make the cut before pulling out the sawzall. However, my sawzall is one of those truly useful tools. For any kinds of demo work, the sawzall is a breeze to use. As was mentioned before, you HAVE to check for water, electric, and gas lines behind whatever you're cutting BEFORE you get the sawzall out!! Too many times, I've seen guys meet Mr. Electricity in person with a sawzall. NOT pretty. I've also seen guys make pretty fountains in a wall by going right through a water line. Funny stuff....as long as it's not your house!

The sawzall is a really useful tool, but must be used with proper caution. It's very powerful, very capable, and a real time saver. Use the right blade for the job, and you'll be rewarded with a better cut in a shorter time. I love the fact you can cut an entire window or door out in a matter of minutes. Never mind the screws or nails...just cut right through them. It's the kind of tool that just makes you grin!!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      Maybe it's just me...but controlling a sawzall is difficult. For delicate work where the cut will be seen, I'll find ANY other way to make the cut before pulling out the sawzall.
      I've use it on Kitchen counters to widen for a larger basin, use a fine short blade so it won't flop...takes a steady hand and patience.

I always use my cordless 18 volt...automatically comes off the truck on all jobs.
      Beats dragging a cord through someones home, best to use when cutting a water lne in a tight space, a corded sawzall can zap ya if it gets wet.

Comment

I just used my 18 volt Ridgid to demolish a deck. It cut through 4x4's like they were nothing. I wasnt sure at first how a cordless would do but I love it.
        For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Working...
        X