Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

yea thats probly why i got it for $5 at the auction! Maybe ill hang on to it for a while and see if i can find a battery pack and charger...I could hook it up to the car battery and drill some holes in my tree!!!

Andy

Comment

Re: OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

Originally posted by ajs2379 View Post
      yea thats probly why i got it for $5 at the auction! Maybe ill hang on to it for a while and see if i can find a battery pack and charger...I could hook it up to the car battery and drill some holes in my tree!!!

Andy
      Are the power cord and the plug on it in good condition? If yes, please for now leave them alone. I'm going to try to find a receptacle or female connector that would match it. If I can find what I have in mind then it should be pretty easy for you to rig up a special cord with the female connector on one end and battery clips (like on a battery charger) on the other. Then you can use it with your car battery. Actually there are battery packs with chargers and lights or small air compressors that you carry around that could be rigged up. Most have a lighter socket and you can get the plug end at a good auto parts store or from Radio Shack.

You have a nice tool collectors drill so don't sell it cheap even if it's just what you show in the pictures. With a good battery rigged up it should have some good power and for only $5 what a deal!!!

If you need a chuck key, please post any numbers on the chuck and I can look up the right chuck key for it. This will be a Jacobs key where you can buy them at a good hardware store. There's no need to pay big $$$ to special order it as a Milwaukee part.

Comment

Woussko, Thanks for all the info, I appreciate all the research you are doing! I couldnt find ANY info about these 12v tools online. Yes the plug and cord are in great shape, im pretty sure its the original cord but it is fine. The drill itself is in excellent shape for its age...Dont think it saw much use! Thanks Again,

Andy

Comment

Didnt see that last line...It is missing the chuck key...Ill check the #'s when i get home tomorrow and post them.

Thanks Yet Again!

Andy

Comment

Andy, I think you should keep that thing. It is too cool to give up, plus it will only gain worth as time goes on.

If you want to sell it I'll give you $10! Thats a 100% profit!

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

For safety if you do get into using this drill, please order a handle kit part number 49-15-0200 which most larger Milwaukee dealers should be able to get for you. Any factory or authorized Milwaukee service center should stock this item. It's a ring that slides over the chuck and grabs the gear case and also the screw in side handle. Please see picture below.

This same side handle kit will work with the 0224, 0234 and 0244 Magnum pistol grip drills and also with most of the 1100 series of D handle drills that are current. The most popular would be the 1107 today.

The chuck key that you will need is a Jacobs K32 and good hardware stores should have it. Sometimes Home Depot or Lowes will have them, but we all know that they don't keep stock up like they should.
              Attached Files

Comment

100% profit? HMMMM!!! I think ill hang on to it woodenstickers!! hehehe

Thanks for the new info woussko, I probly wouldnt use this very often...it would be kinda cool to whip it out of the toolbox and hook it up to the truck, might dazzle some buddies!! Thanks again and let me know if you find a female plug-end for that style plug and where to get it. Thanks Again!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X