Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this??? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

Hey Guys, I am new here..just trying to find some info on a drill. I bought a old Milwaukee drill at an auction for $5 a while back. It is a 1/2" all metal cased drill with the old milwaukee lightning bolt on the side. It is actually a 12 volt drill, with a odd style 2 prong power cord where the prongs are perpendicular to each other. i hooked it up to the battery on my truck with jumper cables and it ran like a S.O.B.! Name plate says: 12 volt ac or dc, 15.5 amp, catalog # is 1120, serial # is 306-1880

Ive never seen a 12 volt drill like this and cant find any info on the net...i have emailed milwaukee and figured id post this while waiting to hear back from them. so if anyone has any info that would be great!

Thanks, Andy

Re: OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Re: OLD Vintage Milwaukee 12V Electric drill...Anybody seen anything like this???

I can post some but you dont need pics to tell me if you have ever seen a 12 volt drill.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs2379 View Post
        I can post some but you dont need pics to tell me if you have ever seen a 12 volt drill.
        No, pics are not necessary for someone to say if they've ever seen a 12 volt drill (which I haven't, but I've heard of).

But...when you start a thread that has in it's title, "Anybody seen anything like this???" it is implied that there is a picture for someone to see to make an identification with. Ante up.

Comment

When it comes to having heard of one, I haven't either. But when it comes to pics, I do too!

Eli
          A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

The Old Howling Hound of this forum has both seen and used such a drill long ago. They had a battery pack that hooked on to a work belt. Inside was a 12 Volt lead-acid battery that looked much like a motorcycle battery. If made today they would use a spill proof sealed lead-acid type battery much like what's used in commercial emergency lights or for special electronics equipment. The battery pack (Milwaukee) had a receptacle and you had a charger that would plug into it when the tool was not plugged in. Milwaukee had a reciprocating saw, several other drills and a few more tools that would run on the battery pack. For longer run time, they made up a special power cord with clips on one end to attach to a 12 Volt car-truck battery and with a female connector that the plug on the tool's power cord plugged into.

Try calling Milwaukee at 1-800-729-3878 press 3 and then 8402# when asked what extension. This should connect you with Corbert Garb or his voice mail if he is tied up or away. He is a senior tech that's been with Milwaukee a loooong time and would remember the tools well.

By the way back when they made this series they were used by utility companies and also fire & rescue teams. They were great for outside work, but you did have the battery on your tool belt and it got heavy. Also, you didn't dare upset the battery or acid would spill out. Today that wouldn't be a problem with newer spill proof batteries.

For what it's worth some time ago Black & Decker under their own name made loads of industrial grade power tools and they had several designed for use on 12 Volts DC and also 32 Volts DC which was the nominal Voltage for antique DELCO Light Plant generators used long ago to make power on farms and such. I have seen good pictures, but not actual tools made by Black & Decker of this series. If they saw today's 36 Volt totally cordless tools back then they would have totally freaked out.

Here's a parts list for your drill. 2140 is based on the serial number. 2141 is a better parts list, but some numbers may not be correct. It's for later serial numbers than your drill is.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Woussko; 02-04-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Woussko, some good info indeed. Now I know why Josh keeps you around. I am awed and humbled by your info on this. I lay down my sword at your feet, sir.

ajs2379, we're still waiting for some pictures. Please share - I'm interested to see what this looks like now. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry guys, i had to take some pics of the drill...but now its not letting me upload them...it keeps telling me upload failed...ill keep trying and hopefully get some on here for you to check out..i can email some to anyone who wants to see it if i cant get them on here..just let me know, and thanks for the info!

Andy

Comment

crap, my file size is to big to upload...How the hell do i change that??? Damn Computers!!!

Andy

Comment

Finally figured it out!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

If anyone has any idea of what this is worth or if anyone is interested in it, i may put it on ebay and see what its worth?? Let me know and thanks to all for the info!

Andy

Comment

That is cool! Thanks for sharing the pics. I have no idea what it's worth, maybe check on ebay to see if there is anything like it, but I would wait to put it up for sale until you know for sure.

Eli
                        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Thanks! yea i don't have any clue what it is worth either. ive checked on ebay since i got this one and have never seen another 12v one like this on there or anywhere else. I thought maybe the name plate was a misprint until WOUSSKO shed some light on it!

Comment

Selling it on eBay or at any auction requires two or more people wanting it at the same time. If there's only one, he may bid but you'll only get the opening bid amount. As for what it should being, I really can't say. I've been checking eBay for some time looking for any of the Milwaukee 12 Volt tools and can say they are rare beasts for sure. What's too bad is that you don't have the whole deal with battery pack and charger. Someone into electrical-electronics could rig that up pretty easy.

Comment

ajs2379--I like your parking spot!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X