Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIDGID 23 Gauge 1 3/8" Headless Pinner model #R138HPA not available in the US...Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID 23 Gauge 1 3/8" Headless Pinner model #R138HPA not available in the US...W

Well folks, I'm changing my song The cadex is junk!
    I have gone through two of them and the thing keeps malfunctioning

The driver does not recoil or reset. you drive one, maybe two pins and it won't fire
    The first unit was returned under warranty. The second one is now out of warranty and
    is experiencing the same problem. I was told the bumper is worn..Well after less than 100 pins and the bumper is worn?

I've decided to look at the Grex line.

I'm torn between the P650L and the P635

I wonder if the Grex will fire the 23g pin brads?

I found the Nikle pinner can use the 23g pin brads. I just ordered one. Only cadex and Nikle can use the 23g pin brads. Does the Ridgid pinner have that capability?
    I also tore my cadex apart cleaned and lubricated everything. I did not see anything obviously wrong.
    After reassembly it started to function properly again. Never the less I'll have the Nikle unit and keep the cadex as a back up

Cactus Man
    Last edited by cactusman; 12-18-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Re: RIDGID 23 Gauge 1 3/8" Headless Pinner model #R138HPA not available in the US...W

I like my Bostich, $100. Had an issue with the early model, Bostich sent 2 replacement drivers for free. 1 3/16" is as long as you can really use in this gauge. The longer pins just blow out anyway. I also have an Airlocker, not as well made but works fine for $50, and shoots a 1 3/16" too. Can not see spending more than the Bostich as it is very well made in the USA and they are excellent in CS, parts always readily avail. These are not complex tools, or heavy hitters like a framer. Why spend $200 plus?

$65 now;recons are less.

http://www.toolmarts.com/air_locker_p630kit.html

$122 now

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-HP118...1329616&sr=1-1

Comment

Working...
      X