X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ridgid Pressure Washers

Have you tried pulling the trigger to let the pressure off the pump?
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Yes did thay starts n dies then locks again. Gonna wait toll another day noticed pump lube just below red dot gotta find some pimp lube. Thanks

Comment

What's the deal with the price of the Ridgid PWs being so expensive? The price of the 3000psi unit is up to $599 and the 3300psi units $749 & $799. Why the hell did they jump so high?

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
          ... Why the hell did they jump so high?
          Twenty bucks is "why the hell did they jump so high?" worthy? Dude, that's less than a five percent increase. In the case of the 3000 PSI RD80704, the improved frame, the auto-throttle and the inclusion of a turbo nozzle more than offset the price increase. Hell, the damn turbo nozzle alone would set you back more than a twenty-spot.

Comment

Wasn't the 3000psi unit about $400 bucks about 18 months ago? That's a pretty big jump in my book.

Comment

No, the RD80701 has been $579 (+/-) for quite some time.
              The last of the RD80746 units were closed out at around $400, but that was a closeout price on a completely different class of pressure washer.

Comment

I have the RD80701 and was wondering in the off season, is it ok to start the engine every once in awhile without all the hoses connected as long as I am only running the engine and not trying to use the pressure washer? Will this harm the pump? I know in the owner's manual it says not to run the pump with all the hoses connected but what about the engine itself?

Comment

The pump is connected to the engine by a shaft, so the engine cannot be run without the pump. Running the pump without water will damage it, because the water provides cooling.

The best option for storage is to mix up a can of premium gasoline, fuel stabilizer, and an enzyme treatment like Star Tron, all according to directions. Run that for your last pressure washing job. Then use pump saver according to directions. Top off your fuel tank and you're good for another 6-8 months. I also change the engine oil before I store it.

No need to run off season.

Comment

Working...
                  X