Ridgid Pressure Washers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Pressure Washers

This is only when you're ready to get serious and spend some good $$$ but this company really makes them. They do have quite a selection so it's an interesting site to prowl. They have lots more than just the raw machines. It's good to read up about chemicals to help with cleaning. Today they are owned by Kärcher of Germany but this is the industrial side. Just take a look.
    http://www.landa.com/
    Last edited by Woussko; 02-25-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I saw this PW yesterday at a Depot in C-bus, $599.00 looked nice! The TTI designer copied the DW PW handle identical - looks like a drill body!

It is hard to believe in 3 or 4 short years that Porter Cable had all the pressure washing listing in Depot, and now they down to 1 - GREAT JOB DeWALT......

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        SWEET!!!

Too bad I bought a Dewalt last year CAT Pump and Honda commercial engine, but Id rather have an orange and gray washer
        I have an orange and gray washer... it's a ryobi

Comment

suburu makes a good engine, don't trash something when you don't know

Comment

They're in the stores now, or at least they are here, They had the 3000psi and 3300psi washers for $399 & $599. The displays were about 5 feet up on the shelf so I couldn't check them out as much as would have liked to. I do like the wand though.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Dewalt Rotary Nozzle (#DP125) will work with the Rigid 3300? I am really liking Rigid and have been buying all Rigid tools lately. The only problem is I need the rotary nozzle to remove paint from asbestos siding.

Comment

Saw the Ridgid models today. Not bad at all for the price (even if the best one *only* comes with a Subaru engine).

Most disturbing was the fact that DeWalt has changed their 3100 psi model. Last year it started with a CAT pump then ended up with a cheap DeWalt pump. Now not only does it have a cheap DeWalt pump, it has a "DeWalt commercial" engine.....which looks JUST like one of the Chinese Honda knock offs. Best part of it all? They didnt change the price. 699 sitting there next to a 599 Ridgid with a better pump and engine. I hope DeWalt (Devilbiss, whoever actually makes em) never sells another PW again.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Roop View Post
                  Does anyone know if the Dewalt Rotary Nozzle (#DP125) will work with the Rigid 3300? I am really liking Rigid and have been buying all Rigid tools lately. The only problem is I need the rotary nozzle to remove paint from asbestos siding.
                  It is rated for the 3750psi/4gpm pump. 4.0 nozzle. There is a chart on the CAT pump web site that shows the relationship of gpm/nozzle size . My DW3100 psi CAT / 6.5hp honda uses 3.5@3gpm. Running that 4.0 would give you about 2500psi/3gpm at the head , you have loss through the manifold,hose,gun...you never get the manufacture max. rated pressure at the tip. You have to look at the gpm your pump is rated at and then xover to the psi/nozzle size.
                  You need to know the pump model and the ratings to tell for sure.

http://www.catpumps.com/select/pdfs/nozz-chart.pdf

Comment

Hey Roop ... using a pressure washer to remove paint from ASBESTOS siding!! WHAT!!

In this part of the world, the only way you can touch anything asbestos (by law) is if you are removing it. Even then, the process is dictated and supervised by local authorities and yes, respirators, white suits, and decontamination showers are all part of the process. When removing outdoors, extra care is required to ensure the neighbourhood is not contaminated.

You guys aren't hosing down any nuclear waste storage facilities, I hope.

Comment

I purchased the 3000psi new unit on 3/3/08 and it's a defective product. I'm on my 2nd one and the pump on this one is leaking plus another defect / problem. The first one had a crack in the face plate that was next to the wand holder when it is dis-assembled.(I thought it had happened during shipping). I got the second one and check it throughly for the face plate crack and it was perfect.... that is before I started the engine. During it's first use with it sitting an a flat surface I literally watched the face plate vibrate and crack in the same exact place as the 1st unit. Needless to say I am very disappointed with ridgid and this unit. I wrote ridgid 9 days ago about this issue and have gotten no response from them. When I called they told me to return the unit. I did and I'm back to square one with the same issue all over again plus a leaking pump. I really don't like companies that don't respond to emails or don't listen to customers about possible defects in there products. I like the subaru engine and the pump (first units) it ran great and was really powerful. Just good luck on getting a unit without the faceplate defect and a pump that leaks. Hopefully this gets ridgids attention.........

Comment

The 3000 psi. model does not have a CAT pump. I said in a prior reply NOT to buy an axial cam(usu. on Karcher's too) pump. You want a ceramic PISTON pump with a camshaft like the CAT design, AR, general, comet also make them too. CAT is the best, made in the USA usually[the 2 I have are] The axial cam is like a rotary engine design and the triplex is like overhead camshaft engine, the standard for the commercial pumps. The wobble plate design in cheaper pumps is the weakest pump design, used on most electric under $300 ones.

from the Ridgid page;
                        "Direct drive 3-piston axial cam, with brass head".
                        on the 3300psi commercial model;
                        "Pump Type:CAT® Triplex Plunger 3DNX27GSI

I would return it and buy the RD80763 / RD80964 model if you want a Ridgid brand.
                        I got lucky last year at HD and bought a DW3100 for $300 on a HD clearance, CAT w. 6.5hp commercial honda. HD has that same model for $700 as a clearance now. Also found for $570 a Sam's club display CAT/13hp Honda DW3750. They might be 2 of the best deals I ever have found.
                        Last edited by Andrew M.; 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I was happy to pick up my DeWalt 3100 last year during their memorial day weekend sale. 649-10%. Not as nice as clearance but at least I got one and before they apparently went whole-hog on the "Taiwanese" parts (yet tehy still charge the same price!! ugh)

I too gave up the idea of a less expensive pump, but while I was looking, some of the Northern Tool PWs were the best value, with a Honda engine and a Comet pump. It was an axial Comet pump, but at least parts were available for it. And Comet was a nice company to talk to as well.

-Chris

Comment

Boob,

Yeah, I am not crazy about PWing asbestos siding but not many choices. I talked with a lot of people (and websites) and the general concensus was that removing it would be worse both cost and health wise. Asbestos shingles aren't like the asbestos insulation you see on pipes, on the shingles there is only a small amount of asbestos that is covered with cement. The only time it is dangerous it when it is friable ( broken, crumbled and/or airborn). So as long as the panels are not damaged there is little concern.

I would have loved to gotten it back to the original wood clabboard. The paint has come loose from roughly 50% of the shingles so bascially I am just helping it along. I have only had a couple small plaster pops and that only happened when I tried to get off every piece of paint. But, it all stays pretty wet and I cleanup right afterwards and put all the chips into a bag. Any panels that are cracked are filled and painted. The 2 broken panels I had were painted heavily and removed while still wet and again put into a plastic bag, then a box then another platic bag. I seriously doubt I need to do all that but since the paint could be lead as well what the heck

It appears the Dewalt Turbo Nozzle will work with the 3300 although now I am a little worried given the prior posts about the 3000. I like the Rigid tools I own but I have tooo much work to be messing around with problem equipment. I was in HD looking at them Saturday but couldn't commit.

Anyone try out the 3300 yet?

Oh, one other question.....
                            Can you add onto the hose? I need to reach 30+ feet so the 30 foot hose that comes with the Rigid might be a problem. I like to add onto it or get a new hose to make it a total of 50 feet.

Comment

You better rush to HD, DEWalt's 50' hose is on clearance for a mere $38! I bought one. Also their Excell branded brass QuickConnect set is also on sales for $7 (origional $12).

Don't forget the DeWalt $13 water Broom (clearance price)

I had to go to Lowes to buy a $3 male QC fitting to put to my Karcher... but now I can go 25' , 50' or 75'

Originally posted by Roop View Post

Oh, one other question.....
                              Can you add onto the hose? I need to reach 30+ feet so the 30 foot hose that comes with the Rigid might be a problem. I like to add onto it or get a new hose to make it a total of 50 feet.
                              Last edited by Wagon Man; 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I just got the 3000psi model by ridgid. This is my first gas powered pressure washer. I used it over the weekend, and worked well. But, now that I'm reading these posts I'm not sure anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X