• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Pressure Washers

Sorry, misspelling.

Comment

Bought the 3300 PSI (the middle one) pressure washer two days ago. Assembled it yesterday, really pretty easy even for a clutz like myself. Used it today. Really impressed with the unit. Subaru engine fired up on the first pull every time and ran like a champ. Used it to clean my three car driveway and sidewalks on my corner lot. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

By the way, from reading on the Catpump website, the pump used on this middle model is the 3DNX27GSI and is rated at 2850 PSI, not the 2500 PSI noted by another poster above.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddypol View Post
        Bought the 3300 PSI (the middle one) pressure washer two days ago. Assembled it yesterday, really pretty easy even for a clutz like myself. Used it today. Really impressed with the unit. Subaru engine fired up on the first pull every time and ran like a champ. Used it to clean my three car driveway and sidewalks on my corner lot. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

By the way, from reading on the Catpump website, the pump used on this middle model is the 3DNX27GSI and is rated at 2850 PSI, not the 2500 PSI noted by another poster above.
        The 2500psi @ 2.8gpm is the maximum you can expect to produce in use. The 3300psi is never possible with this pump, in fact you would need an 9-11hp engine with a different pump. How Ridgid get this number , I do not know but it is overrated. Like the HP wars in electric motor ratings. My older model DW DP2800[I actually measured with a gauge ] should produces the same as the Ridgid[same pump], which is on the cart stating the max pump and in use pressure. Now DW calls this a DPC3000IC , same PW different cart color and a DW engine instead of the 6.5hp Commercial Honda.
        This Ridgid is a good value and I suspect since other Manuf. rate the PW's by maximum pressure, not what you actually can expect BUT this 3300psi is really off.

Comment

Certainly it's possible to reach that psi with the pump. Most pressure washers are rated at a MAX pressure and MAX flow rate. Say it develops 2700psi and 2.8gpm with a 3.5 orifice tip. Decrease that orifice size to 2.5 or 3.0 and you will increase the pressure to say 3200-3300psi and the flow rate might drop to 2.4 or 2.5. Of course the numbers are all about marketing, but it is possible to achieve that. I do think it's misleading to say it is 3300psi @ 2.8 gpm. You can't have both. Later!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
            Certainly it's possible to reach that psi with the pump. Most pressure washers are rated at a MAX pressure and MAX flow rate. Say it develops 2700psi and 2.8gpm with a 3.5 orifice tip. Decrease that orifice size to 2.5 or 3.0 and you will increase the pressure to say 3200-3300psi and the flow rate might drop to 2.4 or 2.5. Of course the numbers are all about marketing, but it is possible to achieve that. I do think it's misleading to say it is 3300psi @ 2.8 gpm. You can't have both. Later!

You said it in a better way than I did,the nozzle size is important too.

Comment

Yeah IMO nozzle size and pattern is one of the most important factors. I'd advise anybody new to pressure washers to visit any site that sells pressure washers as they usually have a nozzle size calculator. If too big of an orifice is used pressure will suffer big time. On the other hand too small and you could kill your pump, blow a hose, etc.

Comment

Just bought the new 3000 psi PW today at Home Depot. I got it home put it together and started right up on second pull. I used it for about 2 hours straight cleaning the siding on my house. It did a real nice job and I am very pleased with it so far.

I shopped around and could not find a better deal for a 3000 psi unit. I have been slowing replacing all of my old tools with Ridgid and have been very pleased so far. I hope this unit stands up like all of my other Ridgid tools.

I will post more about it after I have used it a few times.

Comment

When does the 3800 psi PW come out? It's not in stores and not on the HD website.

Comment

from the Ridgid page;
                    "Direct drive 3-piston axial cam, with brass head".
                    on the 3300psi commercial model;
                    "Pump Type:CAT® Triplex Plunger 3DNX27GSI
                    I'm confused. Don't know much about pressure washers. I've been reading here that the 3300psi model is the CAT pump. The quote above states in one line that it's an axial cam pump but below it says it's a CAT. Can a CAT pump be axial also? Thanks, Hutch

Comment

Originally posted by Hutchman View Post
                      from the Ridgid page;
                      "Direct drive 3-piston axial cam, with brass head".
                      on the 3300psi commercial model;
                      "Pump Type:CAT® Triplex Plunger 3DNX27GSI
                      I'm confused. Don't know much about pressure washers. I've been reading here that the 3300psi model is the CAT pump. The quote above states in one line that it's an axial cam pump but below it says it's a CAT. Can a CAT pump be axial also? Thanks, Hutch

CAT is a triplex inline cam pump is blue/brass color. They do not make any axial cam types[that is like a rotary engine design]. Buy the CAT, it is worth the money over the axial cam.

Comment

Yeah I noticed the same spec mixup as well.....

I think axial cam pumps get a bad rep. Now I agree that the pumps used on the $100-300 machines won't work great or last long. But some companies make outstanding axial cam pumps. Like AR..... and Karcher..... My machine uses an AR SJV pump which is built as good as any pump on the market for its class and is rated for 800 hours under normal use and care. I've noticed that Karcher also has invested alot of time and money in producing their own axial cam pump line, some used with 13HP Honda engines and crank out as much PSI and GPM as commercial style pumps.

I do agree that the Ridgid 3300 machine is nice, but in all honestly the CAT pump on it looks a little flimsy. Looks kind of like they took a shortcut to make a decent CAT pump at an affordable price. But I do like the frame styling, gun, etc. Later!

Comment

Re: Some interesting facts about the new Ridgid Pressure Washer

Do you know whether the pressure on the RD80964 is adjustable? I want to use it on some windows around the house.

Comment

I think axial cam pumps get a bad rep. Now I agree that the pumps used on the $100-300 machines won't work great or last long. But some companies make outstanding axial cam pumps. Like AR..... and Karcher..... My machine uses an AR SJV pump which is built as good as any pump on the market for its class and is rated for 800 hours under normal use and care. I've noticed that Karcher also has invested alot of time and money in producing their own axial cam pump line, some used with 13HP Honda engines and crank out as much PSI and GPM as commercial style pumps.

I do agree that the Ridgid 3300 machine is nice, but in all honestly the CAT pump on it looks a little flimsy. Looks kind of like they took a shortcut to make a decent CAT pump at an affordable price. But I do like the frame styling, gun, etc. Later!
                            Funny, when I was looking for a pressure washer I was this close to buying the Karcher from Costco (which I believe has the same Karcher branded pump as their model with the 13HP Honda). I dont know how anyone could say the CAT pump looks flimsy compared to any Karcher I found!! The case alone on the CAT pump looks like it weighs more than the whole Karcher pump.

The model used in the Ridgid (and the good incarnation of the DeWalt) is a very popular CAT pump model. What really steered me away from Karcher was the parts availability (or lack thereof). Until you get a General, CAT, or really good AR pump, you are looking at disposables where its cheaper to buy a new/rebuilt pump than it is to fix it yourself. Rebuilds for the good brand pumps arent cheap, but since the pump is what "makes" a pressure washer, I figure its worth it to get a good quality rebuildable, fixable pump instead of a throwaway that may or may not want to work when you need it most.

-Chris

Comment

Call any PW repair place and they will tell you that the axial cam is an inferior design, and does not produce 4 gpm/3500psi measured w. a 13hp honda that I have on my DW DP3750. Karcher parts, forget about getting them , most are not available, I tried for an electric wobble plate pump, even a cheaper design than the axial cam. You never see top PW's using an axial cam. They may rate the psi the same but the gpm is never 4gpm.
                              Have you actually measured you PW w. a gauge and measured gpm? I have and also had a similar Karcher axial cam pump, for less than a day due to poor performance. Also the CAT casting are the best made.Lighter design, cheaper build,not at all. Just look at your axial cam pump's manifold and pistons and see how muc smaller they are. Look at the pumps weight too. The CAT on the Ridgid pump is not their most expensive one but is still excellent. I have tat same design on my DW DP 2800.
                              AR and general also have good triplex designs, and have parts available but their heads are not the same forged guality brass like the CATs, they are cast brass. My brother has a carpet cleaning business and woud not buy anything but a CAT for his carpet machines. He has no issues on his CAT's that are hot water type whch are even more subject to problems.
                              Again buy the commercial Ridgid, avoid the cheaper model if you want to buy something that will last a long time.

Comment

I am interested in the 3300psi pressure washer, and have done alot of research concerning this new Ridgid model. In an earlier post it was noted the unit came with a three (3) warranty. Based on reading the warranty, it indicates the engine and emission control has only a two (2) warranty. The balance of the unit has a three (3) year warranty. Also the engine needs to serviced by A Subaru Robin service center, not a ridgid service center.
                                I would appreciate anyone's further comments regarding their user experience with this unit now that you have had more time using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X