RIDGID 3 Pc. 18V Combo Kit????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 3 Pc. 18V Combo Kit????

I was wandering if any of you own or have used this kit and how you like it? Also, what are the amp hours on these batteries and will they work in the max select tools. This kit at my depot is marked down to $169.00 from $269.00
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Re: RIDGID 3 Pc. 18V Combo Kit????

i just bought a set and I'm pretty sure they are 2.5's, does'nt say anywhere.

Comment

the tools are great. at 169 its not a bad value. the batteries will power max select tools. the 1.9ah batts say MAx HC, the 2.5ah batts have "2.5" printed on the batts.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        the tools are great. at 169 its not a bad value. the batteries will power max select tools. the 1.9ah batts say MAx HC, the 2.5ah batts have "2.5" printed on the batts.
        i picked up a set too and it doesn't say 2.5 on it...

the 8 piece that i parted out, i know has the 1.9, but the batts in the 3 piece seem bigger then the batts in the 8 piece

Comment

hi
          I bought one of those $179.00 18volt drills, it works pretty good,and you cannot beat the guarrantee, but the chuck has a hard time keeping the drill bits tight, a simple task with a sharp,,, 1/4 in drill slips drilling a hole in metal,
          does any body else have that problem///
          you have to use a glove to tighten the bit or you hand will be hurting, I hope they come out with a replacement chuck.
          my old 15 year old DE WALT did not have that problem

Comment

Originally posted by BY THE BAY View Post
            hi
            I bought one of those $179.00 18volt drills, it works pretty good,and you cannot beat the guarrantee, but the chuck has a hard time keeping the drill bits tight, a simple task with a sharp,,, 1/4 in drill slips drilling a hole in metal,
            does any body else have that problem///
            you have to use a glove to tighten the bit or you hand will be hurting, I hope they come out with a replacement chuck.
            my old 15 year old DE WALT did not have that problem
            We have a couple of the 18V LI compact drills and have had no issues with the chucks. In fact we have been very impressed at how tight the chuck holds bits, even the small ones. I was told when we bought them that with the ratcheting chucks they have we couldn't "power" them tight like we've done for years. Said doing that would damage the chuck, so we hand tighten and have had no problems. We had an early model DeWalt with this same type of chuck(Jacobs 500) and damaged it by powering it tight.
            If you are within the 90 day I would exchange it.
            We have been using the drills for six months on the job every day and hard and have been very impressed with their performance....good luck...Ray

Comment

Originally posted by jay1605 View Post
              I was wandering if any of you own or have used this kit and how you like it? Also, what are the amp hours on these batteries and will they work in the max select tools. This kit at my depot is marked down to $169.00 from $269.00
              Jay,
              I got this information from Ridgid:

"What is the difference between MaxHC and Max2.5 batteries?"

***Max HC = 2.0 Ah, Max 2.5 = 2.5 Ah***

The tools continue to be used in the Lithium kits which is great because you can always upgrade to Lithium starting from the Ni-cad clearance prices. The LSA makes the Ridgid products more competitive despite the weight of the Ni-cads.

Comment

I bought one of those sets last week and used it all weekend replacing a fence. Everything worked great. I did run out of battery part way through the second day running the drill and the recip saw a fair amount. Not bad. A lot better than I'm used to!

Just today I bought some 2.5 amp batteries. They do say Max2.5 on them and colors are a little different (black and gray parts reversed). They seem to be the same exact physical size but the 2.5 batteries feel a tiny bit heavier (I don't have a decent scale.) And the part numbers are different 4003 for the MaxHC and 4007 for the Max2.5. Oddly enough, the Max2.5 batteries charged about 10 minutes quicker on their initial charge than the others. So, it's safe to assume that the 3-piece set does have the 1.9/2.0 batteries rather than the 2.5 ah. But, I was extremely pleased with the battery life of the batteries in that set.

Comment

Working...
                X