X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS2410?

I stumbled across somewhere on the internet mention of a Ridgid TS2410 portable table saw. Is this an upgrade to the TS2400? If so, are they now stocked at HD?

Re: Ridgid TS2410?

A typo maybe??
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      A typo maybe??
      I found a reference too: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/34 (search the page for 2410)

Mentions "the best stand you have ever seen, otherwise only minor changes to the saw". So Im guessing its not a typo (referencing the better stand).

Be interesting to see what the stand looks like........closer to the Bosch design I suppose? I honestly have no problem with the current stand anyway.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
        I found a reference too: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/34 (search the page for 2410)

Mentions "the best stand you have ever seen, otherwise only minor changes to the saw". So Im guessing its not a typo (referencing the better stand).

Be interesting to see what the stand looks like........closer to the Bosch design I suppose? I honestly have no problem with the current stand anyway.

-Chris
        That's the post I recall. Maybe a call to Ridgid this morning will shed some light on it?

Comment

I just got off the phone with Ridgid. The 2410 is a new product and will replace the 2400 as soon as the existing stock is depleted. Do I smell heavy discounts on the 2400?

Comment

Originally posted by beeser View Post
            I just got off the phone with Ridgid. The 2410 is a new product and will replace the 2400 as soon as the existing stock is depleted. Do I smell heavy discounts on the 2400?
            Did they say what the differences are? Could they fax/email you a spec sheet?

I can see heavy discounts, but boy I got mine for 299 on black friday........wonder how low it could go!

-Chris

Comment

the other day at the HD i saw up on the racks what looked like a 2400 but with a new stand kinda like the bosch but i didnt see a model number

Comment

No specs. were available according to the Ridgid rep. Hmmm... seems that their stocking them already based on J-man12's comment. Makes sense now why HD is clearing out the Bosch 4100, especially if the 2410 stand is more like the Bosch. I wonder if the Ridgid version has a higher profile like the Bosch. I thought the slimmer 2400 was an advantage when storing.

Comment

No 2410s on the shelves in San Diego.

Comment

Any new news on the TS2410? I'm going to be getting a bonus at work in mid-March, and I want to get a table saw. I have settled on the TS2400, but I would like to figure out if the TS2410 will be coming out anytime soon so I can either consider it instead or look for discounts on the TS2400.

Thanks.

Comment

Both the TS2400 and TS3650 had price drops today at The Home Depot in Dallas. They are down to $404 and $467.

Comment

Originally posted by powertooljunkie View Post
                        Both the TS2400 and TS3650 had price drops today at The Home Depot in Dallas. They are down to $404 and $467.
                        Interesting. Still the same prices here in northeast Tennessee. Are those advertised sale prices or does it appear to be a permanent price drop?

Thanks for the update...

Comment

Not sure if they are permanent or not. The display has Tony Stewart and says up to 20% off. Too bad his car number wasn't 99!

I did see the TS2410 in the upper storage rack. The photo was upside down, but the stand is definitely different. The legs appeared to be hinged in the middle and there was what looked like a bumper bar that curved around one side of the saw where the saw met the stand. It may be what the saw rests on if stored in the upright position. It was too far up to get a photo with my phone's camera. As usual, no one was around too ask about it.

Comment

I am going to be buying a portable table saw - either Ridgid 2400 (or 2410) of Bosch 4100(?). Any thoughts on which way to go? I have research somewhat - it seems most articles say the Bosch is the safer and better. I am a novice, but want something that is safe due to my inexperience.

Comment

I am a newbie too, DB415. I was in the same position as you do, I went with Ridgid based on price, liftime warranty and the better design of the product.

Evreytime I walk pass a Bosch in Lowes (and the more I touch it), I know I made a right decision to go with Ridgid .

You can't beat the lifetime warranty which comes with Ridgid.

Comment

Working...
                              X