X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Max Charger question

I just bought a 9.6 volt Ridgid Pivot Screwdriver. I plugged in the charger and put in the battery, but I do not hear the fan running in the charger. I also do not feel air movement over the battery.

On my other Rapid Max chargers, I can hear the fan when the batteries charging and I can feel the air movement.

Is this new charger defective?

Thanks

Re: Rapid Max Charger question

Welcome to the forum!

I have three or four of the single bay chargers and I don't recall hearing a fan on any of them. It is my understanding that only the double bay chargers require the fan.

CWS

Comment

Thanks for answering my question!

All of my other chargers are double bay, so maybe that accounts for the difference.

Comment

I've had that same screwdriver for 3 years or so now. The charger kind of surprised me in that it doesn't have a fan. It's been working like a champ, however. I use that screwdriver every day, and there's always a battery in the charger. I probably shouldn't "store" the extra battery there....but I forget and it stays in the charger. So far, absolutely no bad effects on the batteries or the charger.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X