X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw parts

I have the Heavy Duty 10"portable Table saw, TS2400LS. I recently had an opportunity to use my dado set but found it difficult and a bit uncomfortable without a dado insert for the table. Does anyone know if RIDGID has that insert available?

Re: Table saw parts

N3KMA DE KF2VA

Welcome to the forum.

On page 41 of your manual they list part numbr AC1040, Molding/Dado Throat Plate. Also AC1045, Zero Clearance Throat Plate. Check with Ridgid parts for prices.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thank you

Comment

This was a timely question. I also have a TS2400 and bought my first dado set yesterday. Per the manual, you need to remove the inner arbor and the spacer to get the dado set to fit on the shaft. My problem is that I cannot get the inner arbor to come off. I tried a little 3 in1 oil to see if it would loosen it (just a little), I tried tapping on it to see if that would shake it free and I looked for a set screw or some other holding mechanism but no go! The manual does not talk about anything other than to remove the spacer.

Am I missing something obvious? Please help.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

HDDCM, are you trying to remove the arbor or the arbor nut? What I do to remove the arbor nut is to put on a leather work glove and hold the blade to keep it from spinning and then loosen the nut. The nut should loosen up very easily unless it was over torqued the last time it was tightened up.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The inner arbor washer should NOT be removed when using a dado. Without it the blades will have nothing to seat against and it won't clear the opening. Only the outside washer you normally remove to change blades is the one that needs to be removed. You only need to remove it to stack the blades over 9/16" in order for the nut to fully engage all the threads. Sizes under that everything should fit without removing anything. The largest width the arbor will fit is 13/16" with the washer removed.
            For zero clearance inserts/Dado inserts you are better off making your own. There are many techniques discussed in other threads here on how to make them and it's very easy to make a better one.
            Last edited by Velosapien; 02-10-2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. On page 34 of the owners manual, it says:
              * Remove the blade guard assy, throat plate and the saw blade.
              * Remove the inner blade washer and the spacer.
              * Reinstall the inner blade washer.
              Then is says after installing the dados and the outer blade washer, be certain that there is at least one thread showing. Since I cannot get the inner washer off (hence the spacer), I cannot get the full dado set on at all, let alone see any threads on the arbor shaft.

So, removing the spacer is the ultimate goal - at least according to the manual.

Mike

Comment

There is some strange wording on the manual that is incorrect. Notice right after saying to remove the inner washer, it says to put it back in. The inner washer is non-removable and required to seat the blade. I have no idea what they refer to as a spacer, there is no spacer in there. There are only the two washers on either side of the blade and the arbor nut. Even if you did manage to remove it then the blade would have nothing to rest against nor would it clear the throat opening. I'll post some pictures in a while to show how to mount the blade on mine.
                Last edited by Velosapien; 02-11-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

This is the inner washer. Notice how without it the blade will have nothing to press against. It will just get squashed into the trunnion wall. Also the wrech lock grooves are part of it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

First picture is the dado set at 9/16". Up to this size you can install everything as if it were a stadard blade. No need to even remove the outboard washer as you can see the nut can still fully engage with at least a full thread showing.

Second picture is the dado set to 13/16" this is the absolute max that will fit while still having the net fully enganged. The outside washer is the only part that needs to be removed.

Make your own inserts for the saw. I would strongly recommend ditching the factory inserts for any of the blades. The standard throatplate that ships with the saw was not machined flat and had a dip in the middle as well as warping towars the corners. I've also read that the factory zero clearance inserts are made of a soft plastic or material that sags.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Velosapien,

Thanks for taking the time for the pics. Helps a lot. BTW,I bought the same dado set at Home Depot. It looks like if you leave the outer washer off, you can get at least 4 and maybe all 5 of the chipper blades on.

I do get that you need the inner arbor washer to transfer rotational power from the arbor shaft to the blades.

Thanks, again,
                      Mike

Comment

To leave the washer on the highest you can go is 9/16" on this set which includes two of the 1/8" chippers and the single 1/16" chipper, no shims. Any shims beyond that or three 1/8" chippers and more, the washer needs to come off. The maximum you can put on are all five chippers (4X 1/8" and 1X 1/16") included with the set and no shims. That will give you 13/16".

Comment

Very impressive explanation of how to do it right! I look forward to future threads concerning the capabilities of the Ridgid TS2400LS.
                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X