X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tool warranty question

If I buy a tool off of ebay, is the warranty still valid? I notice on the warranty registration form there's a drop down box for online auction and there's no language in the limited lifetime warranty that says it must be from an authorized retailed. When I mail in the paperwork it requres a receipt - is that just the auction receipt?

Re: Power tool warranty question

from what the guys here have said, you gotta have the orginal reciept still, and have the upc from the orginal box, and also print out the ebay auction winning page...

Comment

The warranty stipulates that you send a "copy" of your receipt and the "original" UPC that is cut from the box.

The origin of a purchase is very much in dispute. Technically, Home Depot is the only authorized retailer in the U.S. and Canada; therefore,anything that is purchased from E-Bay makes you the second owner (the E-Bay seller bought it first). In the first paragraph of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, it clearly states, "the original owner".

Here is a link to the LLSA: http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

CW is 100% correct. You have to be the orginal owner since the warranty can not be passed along with the tool.

Comment

i'm confused then, how can ridgid have "online auction" as an option of purchase? does ridgid or HD do online auctions? j/w

Comment

DeuceLee, not 100% positive about this but I think they may be referring to "online auctions" that are sponsored by Authorized Ridgid Dealers. In that case, the buyer would be the original retail purchaser of the tool. There are 100's of companies out there that sell NIB Ridgid tools besides Home Depot however they mostly are wholesalers who sell only to the trades. The ones that do sell retail that I've seen have always be considerably more expensive than HD.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
              i'm confused then, how can ridgid have "online auction" as an option of purchase?
              Maybe so then you choose on your own to be S.O.L. for the LLSA.

Comment

Working...
              X