• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt security system

Anyone try them? Any thoughts?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Dewalt security system

looked into it a couple of years ago. but after the $1000.00 investment and the monthly monitoring fees, a dog is a better buy

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I too asked about this system maybe a year ago, didn't hear much back favorable if I remember correctly. I think mostly because not too many on here have actually used the system. We got a jobsite rental trailer last year and there was a brochure with it that outlined the system which is what prompted me to ask.

I've worked a few locations where this would have paid off. At one places the thieves have ripped open the side of the trailer to bypass the security on the doors (we didn't have IR detectors for the interior of the trailer on the alarm system). they made off with all out power tools (3 Hiltis, a couple hand drills, a T-drill, 1 Vic-drill, a gas powered cutoff saw, and a Pony plus all the guys personal hand tools. This was in a downtown business area where at night there is no one about so easy pickings. They hit two other contractors that night too. The crooks would break into our cars parked on the street along side the jobsite during the day. You'd come out to your car a lunch time or quiting time and find the driver or passenger window broke out and anything of value gone. Finally had enough and went to the GC and subs and said if you don't hire 24 security here we will either be taking security into our own hands or you will be building this place yourselves.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

http://www.toolmarts.com/dw_ds100.html

Is this the system your referring to Ben?

Does anyone know the dimensions on it? Cause from the few pictures I've found, it looks small.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
        X