X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the new Tile Saw tonight. One problem

Picked up the WTS2000L tonight. Very impressed with the quality of it. I bought a Felker FTS-150 a couple years ago and for $600 thought it was very cheaply made. The Ridgid has more like a nice adjustable metal linear guide type slide with sealed roller bearings where as the Felker had nylon rollers on top of a polished shaft. One problem with the Ridgid is that one of my rollers has a flat spot on it which keeps the tray from sliding as smooth as it should. The rollers or anything underneath the table are not shown in the parts diagram. Would I be able to get a replacement roller?

Re: Bought the new Tile Saw tonight. One problem

gtrjunkie,

At this point, considering you just bought it, I think I would return it and get another one. Of course that may be a hassle for you if you live quite a distance from the store, but probably no more so than taking it to a service center.

If the part is not listed in the Repair Parts Sheet, than that further makes the case for returning it, IMO. Ridgid/TTI may consider the whole assembly as needing replacement, rather than just the bearings... especially if they didn't break down the components in the listing.

CWS

Comment

gtrjunkie,

THD has a great return policy, but I spoke with the manufacturer (not TTI) and they were easy to deal with. They can save you a trip back to THD...

(866) 9-RIDGID

Comment

Originally posted by RaceDay View Post
        gtrjunkie,

THD has a great return policy, but I spoke with the manufacturer (not TTI) and they were easy to deal with. They can save you a trip back to THD...

(866) 9-RIDGID
        Thanks,
        I went back and took a roller off their display model. Everything is fine now.

Comment

Working...
        X