24volt: Initial impressions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24volt: Initial impressions...

well, i didn't listen to what you guys said and i sold my 8 piece kit...sorry

i figure i should either buff up to the 24volt or go electric, so i sold everything except the max circular for $400 net...

picked up the kit (drill, recip, 2 batts, charger) and a max jig saw at a nice price...

charged it up and did some cuting and they have a lot of balls...jig saw went smooth on 3/4 mdf, so did the circular saw...hammer drill is very powerful...sorry i didn't do any full blown test for you guys...they are dated 0735 or something like that so hopefully this means i don't have the symptoms of the 06 problems...

so far i like it a lot, but the best test is going to tell in april when my dad and i start building his house...should be fun

also to add, i did pick up the 3 piece 18volt set and parted off the tools and kept the 2.5Ah batteries for backup...yes i'm a cheapie, lol
    Last edited by DeuceLee; 02-10-2008, 09:32 AM.

Re: 24volt: Initial impressions...

The 24v tools are awesome. The hammerdrill is a beast, but sometimes it's too big. A nice compliment to these tools is the compact drill. I just got one and love it. Alot easier to work with overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottrodd View Post
      The 24v tools are awesome. The hammerdrill is a beast, but sometimes it's too big. A nice compliment to these tools is the compact drill. I just got one and love it. Alot easier to work with overhead.
      I concur.

Comment

thats exactly what i did

bought the 1 batt compact lithium drill for $99 too

thanks alot you guys, alot of influences on my choices...

Comment

DeuceLee;

What do you mean you bought them at a good price? Is there a sale or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
            DeuceLee;

What do you mean you bought them at a good price? Is there a sale or something?
            sears had a variable percentage off sale depending on how much you buy...thankfully my local HD accepted it...

Comment

Working...
            X