Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid fuego

Has anyone had any expirence withe the ridgid fuego 6 1/2 saw

Re: ridgid fuego

We found after using that we couldn't do without a full 7 1/4" saw. Just doesn't have the guts or strength to do a lot of the jobs a full size saw does. Also if I recall correctly it didn't have an electric brake.

I guess it could be nice for smaller jobs but for that I just use my cordless DeWalt.

Comment

the fuegos are awesome. i have 4 of them. 2 for each framing crew. we always used to use fullsize saws so i thought i would buy one to try it out. everyone loved it so much that we retired all the dewalt 7 1/4's and use fuegos only now. buy one, you wont be dissappointed at all. plenty of power too.

Comment

I, too, am in love with the fuego. My crews used to run full size makita saws. When I bought one of these to try out, we switched over and never looked back. We have cut a lot of lumber and built a lot of things using these and they keep on trucking.
        For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

Love the Fuego. Might not be for everyone, but I find that I use it more than my Ridgid worm drive. It's light weight and fast cutting. Has a full sized shoe with a very visible kerf indicator and a large sight hole for us right handers to see the blade and cut line. Handles everything I throw at it.

Comment

Most of my projects are along the lines of building sheds, shelves, fences, and childrens furniture. And the Fuego is great, light weight, easy to handle, not top heavy, and very easy to use. When combined with several of my homemade guides and a particle board sheet underneath it produces good quality cuts, even on plywood. I love it and use it about 95 percent of the time. I find the only draw back is the limited blade selection. The plastic shoe glides across surfaces like no cast or steel shoe. If I ever lose it, i'll buy another. I bought it and made jigs like that german made 6" circular saw with the aluminum table set up, forget the name, G------something. And the blades dont cost fifty bucks each like the German one does.

Comment

Bad news guys, these saws now sport the big yellow clearance tag. Looks like they are going away or a new model is in the works. Will have to check the new Ridgid Tool Catalog we got this week to see if it's in there.
              sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

Great news for anyone purchasing a circular saw, the Fuego is now $50.00 at HD and if past experience is worth anything, they'll probably be phased out and hit the Ridgid tool archive list. At this price it is selling for what the lesser saws retail for, but with much better onboard mechanicals, composite shoe, light weight and a lifetime service agreement. Sold for $119 at XMAS time so this is definitely a bargain price.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
                  Great news for anyone purchasing a circular saw, the Fuego is now $50.00 at HD and if past experience is worth anything, they'll probably be phased out and hit the Ridgid tool archive list. At this price it is selling for what the lesser saws retail for, but with much better onboard mechanicals, composite shoe, light weight and a lifetime service agreement. Sold for $119 at XMAS time so this is definitely a bargain price.

During my usual Sunday morning shopping spree at HD I stopped by the tool isle. Still marked $119 here. Just to make sure I had the service desk check the sku (222-089). Not marked as clearance either. They had at least 12 in stock.

$50 bucks? are you sure?

What gives?...I want one... er...I mean I need one
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 02-24-2008, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    During my usual Sunday morning shopping spree at HD I stopped by the tool isle. Still marked $119 here. Just to make sure I had the service desk check the sku (222-089). Not marked as clearance either. They had at least 12 in stock.

$50 bucks? are you sure?

What gives?...I want one... er...I mean I need one

Yep, I was at the San Diego - Balboa store and spied it yesterday evening on my way out from purchasing plumbing stuff. Was yellow tagged at $79 and now white tagged @ $50.00. My guess - left side 6 1/2" Fuego coming or some other replacement so the right siders have to go. I'll check the sku and post for you.

Comment

Still $99 in my area, yellow tag.

Comment

Just check here in Washinton State, still tagged at $119.

Comment

Just called over to the San Diego - Balboa store and the sku shows a clearance price of $79.00, but the floor guy in tools verified the $50.00 figure and there's only 2 left. Contractors bought 2 to 3 at a time yesterday on the manager's clearance - 2 left in the store. I'm on my way over as they'll refund me a $29 difference that I purchased at and I'll throw the other $21 to get another one. The clearance price on computer here in San Diego is $79 and I've seen that in just about all the stores I've been in this area of So Cal.

Comment

Only 2 left?...excellent. One for you. One for me

Comment

HD here will not match any clearance prices not in there system by sku.

Comment

Working...
                              X